Olive

Official Weekend Est: MJ1 56.9M Penguins 25.8m BH6 18.77m Interstellar 15.8M

No doubt it will profit but with that opening it should have hit 100m. I am all about as many films as possible making money cause then we all benefit.

Mayby it should have. But it was'ent good enough for that..

But its still a BO succes

It is pretentious for me to want more than 10% of the movies this year aimed at adults?  90% of the movies are aimed at kids and teenagers.  Sorry, but Into the Woods will be very kid friendly.  Disney and a PG rating will make sure of it.  The Hobbit is a movie about midgets.  It is also a movie aimed at kids.  

Into the Woods is targeting the same demo as Mamma Mia, Les Miz and Hairspray - all of which targeted teenage girls AND women of all ages (18-65).

I can already tell you a few major films that don't explictly target kids or teens:

1. Unbroken
  2. Taken 3
  3. Selma
  4. American Sniper
  5. Birdman
  6. The Theory of Everything
  7. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
  8. Boyhood
  9. The Imitation Game 
  10. St. Vincent 
  11. The Judge 
  12. Gone Girl 

Do I need to keep going?...

And The Hobbit is four-quadrant... not for kids. Seriously, I wouldn't call anything by J.K.K. Tolkien a "kids" movie. It earns its PG-13 and there's actually people who feel the original LOTR trilogy should have been rated R. 

You also made an offensive remark about midgets - that has nothing to do with Hobbit's kid appeal. The trolls, goblins and the huge fire-breathing dragon might be though  ;)

• Like 1

Exhibitor Relations ‏@ERCboxoffice  · 45s46 seconds ago 
MOCKINGJAY PT. 1 scored $67M overseas this weekend, $254M overall. Worldwide haul is now $480M in 10 days of release.

Edited by Ent

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice  · 27s28 seconds ago 
HORRIBLE BOSSES 2 opened with an estimated $15.7M this weekend. 5-Day domestic total stands at $23.01M. #HorribleBosses2

Edited by Ent
  • Like 1

Into the Woods is targeting the same demo as Mamma Mia, Les Miz and Hairspray - all of which targeted teenage girls AND women of all ages (18-65).

I can already tell you a few major films that don't explictly target kids or teens:

• Unbroken
  • Taken 3
  • Selma
  • American Sniper
  • Birdman
  • The Theory of Everything
  • Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
  • Boyhood
  • The Imitation Game 
  • St. Vincent 
  • The Judge 
  • Gone Girl 
Do I need to keep going?...

And The Hobbit is four-quadrant... not for kids. Seriously, I wouldn't call anything by J.K.K. Tolkien a "kids" movie. It earns its PG-13 and there's actually people who feel the original LOTR trilogy should have been rated R. 

You also made an offensive remark about midgets - that has nothing to do with Hobbit's kid appeal. The trolls, goblins and the huge fire-breathing dragon might be though  ;)

I would say that both DOTPOTA and Tak3n target teens.

• Like 1