grim22

Ready Player One | March 29, 2018 | Spielberg directing | No untagged spoilers allowed

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Maybe you should sit this thread out? The movie seems to be doing nothing for you, why spend time in this thread putting down people looking forward to it :thinking: 

Should probably direct him to this thread made by the Staff last year:

:ph34r:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Maybe you should sit this thread out? The movie seems to be doing nothing for you, why spend time in this thread putting down people looking forward to it :thinking: 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Give this thread the scrutiny of a DC thread and threadban him :sparta:

Tele should be get the WeneedtotalkaboutKevin treatment! 

12 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yes, sometimes I did kinda feel that way. This is gonna be something a lot of people will probably disagree with - and some might find it extra weird giving how I ranted on the book a couple of pages ago - but yeah, I actually don't hate the marketing stuff as much as everyone else, and sometimes, I felt that way about the stuff shown. :ph34r:

I think @BoxOfficeZ's review gives me hope audiences including myself are going to enjoy it for it is which is a big entertaining popcorn film! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Give this thread the scrutiny of a DC thread and threadban him :sparta:

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Tele is poisoning the well and it's about time we acknowledged it

Amateurs.  actually posted the link to the Sunshine, Light, and Joy thread. :lol:

Edited by Porthos
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The RT score is starting to look better with each review (unless one of those haters a fanboy can always tell joins in). 78% 6.4 avg. rating with 23 reviews.

I reckon it'll probably be in the 70s, it'd be great if it cracks 80% but I imagine they'll be a few more rottens but not enough to it to freefall.

3 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Do we have to lock this as well?  @HerediTeleis now derailing the thread with random LOTR gifs.

:P

Wait until the RPO weekend thread, could be a dumpster fire!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

The Ed Wood syndrome to a degree.

And I have to judge Bay by what I see on the screen, and, except for blowing thing up real good, he work is uninspired, predictable,uncreative if technically competent..ie; he can keep a shot in frame and does not show microphones in the corner. That is a textbook definition of hackwork:A degree of technical competend but totally unoriginal and in the end  boring.

Ah so you dont like him then he must be a hack. Gotcha

20 hours ago, Porthos said:

I saw a comment on Pablo Hidalgo's twitter feed recently saying that Bay would make a great second unit director, where he stays focused on whole 'blowing stuff up' bits while the main director works on everything else.

*checks*

Ah, here it is:

This might be what you (and others) are getting at here.

Yes. Bay could be world class second unit guy, but when ti comes to the non action scenes, he is pretty much hopeless.

I give you Pearl Harbor as an example. Except for the two big action sequences, it is boring as hell. Whoever thought Bay was a good choice to make a character driven historical epic was insane. (Decisions like this is why Eisner was forced out at Disney).Bay ain't David Lean, not by a million miles.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Jessie said:

Ah so you dont like him then he must be a hack. Gotcha

Please point out ,aside from action scnes, what Bay does well as a director.....

He blows stuff up real good, but when it comes to charecters he is horrid.

21 minutes ago, dudalb said:

He blows stuff up real good, but when it comes to charecters he is horrid.

I imagine it didn't age well but I think there is some character he pull off ok to well, at the time I really love the parents in the first transformer and the main trio in Pain&Gain, well I just really loved Pain&Gain in general and the musicality of is characters (was perfectly cast to achieve that) 

It is hard to have an argument against what you are saying and I was not able to finish Transformer 4 nor Transformer 5, it is how much value one put at the kinetic and scope Bay is able to create and in "vulgar auteurism".

Everyone has seen this at this point I would imagine, that show is strength:

Maybe is biggest argument that he is not an hack is how many copycat that tried to do what he do did completely failed at getting close to him, he is clearly gifted to an elite level in what he do.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1