Neo

Alien: Covenant | 5/19/2017 | Who needs mystery?

In December 2010, it was reported that the film would be called Paradise, named after John Milton's poem Paradise Lost, but Scott considered that this would convey too much information about the film. Fox CEO Thomas Rothman suggested Prometheus, which was confirmed as the title in January 2011.
  • Like 1

Don't worry Warner will sell a lot of these :

mad_maxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.jpg

m2218173.jpg

Warners may sell a lot of the regular MAX Blu-rays and DVDs, but they won't sell very many of those US steelbooks, considering the demand far exceeded the supply, so much so that most Best Buy stores only had 1-5 on hand opening morning...

Edited by Macleod

Warners may sell a lot of the regular MAX Blu-rays and DVDs, but they won't sell very many of those US steelbooks, considering the demand far exceeded the supply, so much so that most Best Buy stores only had 1-5 on hand opening morning...

You are saying there are high demands for those steelbooks? More than the studios anticipate?

What are they waiting for? Release steelbook editions before the regular editions. Put as many features

as possible.

So why is it titled Alien: Paradise Lost“Well, because we’re heading back to why and how and when the beast was invented,” Ridley said at The Martian premiere. “We’ll go back into the back door of the very first Alien that I did thirty years ago.”

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/616775-ridley-scott-on-why-prometheus-2-is-now-alien-paradise-lost

So, no 3 sequels to tie in to Alien, but only this one... I'm confused.

So why is it titled Alien: Paradise Lost“Well, because we’re heading back to why and how and when the beast was invented,” Ridley said at The Martian premiere. “We’ll go back into the back door of the very first Alien that I did thirty years ago.”

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/616775-ridley-scott-on-why-prometheus-2-is-now-alien-paradise-lost

So, no 3 sequels to tie in to Alien, but only this one... I'm confused.

Poor choice of words, Sir Ridley.  Talking about "going in the back door" when referencing Giger's phallic aliens is quite disturbing...

Yeah, I went there.

• Like 1