Stunts:

Fury

X-men: Days of Future Past

Get On Up

Unbroken

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

I really fucking want Jake Gyllenhaal to get an oscar nomination. Honestly, as I understand not many saw selma so take one of those guys out and replace him with oyelowo and that's probably the line-up. It's probably gonna be Jake out but if he surprises then Carell's gonna be the one to get snubbed.

• Like 1

From the other thread...

So not even talking about the fact ITW WAS SNUBBED FOR ENSEMBLE #crying but like I'll get over it. I'm really only rooting for it for Meh anyways, but let's start with the good: 

TGBH OMFG LOVE Like if ITW missed for anything, I would have picked this. And Gone Girl = Dead 

TOE pulled a DBC. I hate the movie (I really think it's boring and awful) but it's always nice to see the underdog that's struggled in a season pull out a big win and this is a GIANT WIN. LIKE EDDIE REDMAYNE'S GOING TO WIN THE SAG + OSCAR + BAFTA BIG WIN. 

The Bad: 

No Fiennes with TGBH..... 

I think they snubbed half of the actress contenders or something? I dunno. I haven't followed that race closely enough... 

The Awful: 

Admitting that Crone was right that Eddie was going to win.

WTF Nanny

WTF Aniston?????? 

WTF Hawke?????? I thought he was lead...

• Like 1

I really fucking want Jake Gyllenhaal to get an oscar nomination. Honestly, as I understand not many saw selma so take one of those guys out and replace him with oyelowo and that's probably the line-up. It's probably gonna be Jake out but if he surprises then Carell's gonna be the one to get snubbed.

Jake has a good chance I think. It's either gonna be him or Cooper cus this category always has a returning nominee and these two are the only in serious contention for a spot. So Jake has a very good chance imo cus American Sniper, let's just not talk about that. 

• Like 1

I literally heard of Cake for the first time 30 minutes ago. What even is it?

By the way, The Grand Budapest Hotel getting in Ensemble for Into the Woods is pretty bad for the latter. Streep almost definitely be the film's only above-the-technical line nomination now.

Only the four main actors of Boyhood are credited for the ensemble. Shame. I wanted drunk stepdads #1 and #2 to be nominees :lol:

I wasn't sold on Grand Budapest for a Best Picture nomination until now. Looking more like a Midnight in Paris than a Moonrise Kingdom.

• Like 2

Okay and now for a serious write-up on the SAGs: 

Ensemble: 

This is obviously good news for Theory of Everything which is probably very safely in the BP race now. This is the DBC of 2014 and it is showing now. This beat out quite a few films to get the nod and probably was ranked pretty high even amongst the nominees now that I think of it. Definitely beat out TGBH and other Boyhood and TIG (I don't see it this way but people call it the 2 person ensemble for some absurd reason) didn't really have the largest ensembles, so I could see it having placed very high amongst the nominees. Now it won't win of course and the win will go for something out of the blue (yet again) for the third time in three years, probably TGBH or TIG or something not Boyhood, but this is very good news for TOE

Obviously this is good news for The Grand Budapest Hotel, but Ralph Fiennes not showing up with people like Hawke nominated, there was no excuse for Fiennes not to show up, so this does reveal some underlying systematic weakness in the film's awards strength. This is a shakily in for BP but I could see it dropping out pretty quickly. I doubt this gets anymore significant awards love outside of Screenplay from the BAFTAs from here on out. It seems too quirky for the Globes to score major noms (like it'll get C/M picture but that's a shitshow every year). 

Gone Girl is dead now basically, who needed this badly for a voodoo revival. Into the Woods is on shaky ground, but I'm gonna keep predicting it because of Goddess. But if it gets nominated, I think it'll be in the 7-9 range. 

Actor: 

No big surprises here. Everything went as suspected except Gyllenhaal is now a possible good bet for the returning actor spot that always seems to appear. Oleywo doesn't appear due to screener problems most likely but still this looks like a solid 5/5 line-up to me. Maybe Gyllenhaal swapped out for Cooper if the AMPAS wants to suck on Cooper's dick more and give him the returning slot. 

This is also very good news for Carell who needed this to stay alive. But my hunch was that this was on the back of strong TV support, so maybe he drops out for Oleywo...

Oh and I think Eddie's winning this now. 

Actress: 

Swank is dead. And Aniston is so WTF, I don't even know what to say anymore, but it'll be very funny watching her campaign her ass off for the next month and possibly 3. However, an Aniston nom here hurts Lamy a lot more than Cotillard  :angry:  because this will be the third time in a row that Lamy gets a Oscar nom from a SAG snub if she happens and this will be unprecedented. Secondly, Lamy is just awful and she doesn't deserve a leading nom as America's favourite supporting housewife, but I digress. Also, she's in a Weinstein backed English language feature so this would've always been much easier for her than Cotillard, and for her to lose out to Aniston who has basically not campaigned at all is frankly embarrassing. 

Supporting Actor: 

I don't really know what to make of this, but I doubt this one matches up very closely with AMPAS. I could see Duvall, Hawke (this one's close to 100% imo) and Ruffalo all missing.

Supporting Actress:

All the usual suspects + Nanny. WTF. Like WTF? What the Actual Fuck? Did they even send out screeners for St. Fucking Vincent? #powerofHarvey Like if Nanny gets nominated again I will die. This is obviously bad news for Chashitto, but hopefully she'll just go die in a hole now and stop campaigning.  Maybe random female #2 the other contender for the 5th spot will be in a stronger position now cus Nanny is not gonna get nommed for this like this is a fucking joke. 

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

Fiennes is being campaigned in lead btw, so I dunno what he has to do with Hawke.

Ah.... i thought he was supporting for some absurd reason. And Hawke is supposed to be lead in the film, so I don't get why he and IFC are campaigning in supporting. 

But the fact still stands that with he should've been nominated if Budapest was very strong. 

Edited by riczhang

No, I'd say hawke as supporting is pretty fair imo. and even if it wasn't lol you know why they'd do that. Hawke is looking pretty likely for a nomination right now. He's probably third behind JK and Norton. Wouldn't even be in the conversation if he went for lead.

• Like 1

Ah.... i thought he was supporting for some absurd reason. And Hawke is supposed to be lead in the film, so I don't get why he and IFC are campaigning in supporting.

But the fact still stands that with he should've been nominated if Budapest was very strong.

Isn't the boy the lead in boyhood?
  • Like 1