CoolioD1

SAG Nominations

I literally screamed "WHAT?!" at my TV when Jennifer Aniston was announced. I've always liked her, but between the leaking of those nasty emails yesterday and her surprise nomination this morning, it must be asked: Ms. Aniston, what kind of voodoo?

What nasty emails leaked yesterday?

Hope Brooklyn Nine Nine takes the TV Comedy Ensemble.

it should but it won't. it's best to assume Modern Family will win until it doesn't. sag awarded Alec Baldwin for 30 rock like 8 years in a row or something. they're REALLY lazy with their tv awards.

Harvey Voodoo

That he wasn't pushing Swinton for Snowpiercer (or even screening it) but was pushing Watts for St Vincent, and succeeded, tells you everything that's wrong with the awards process.

Harvey? The one that 'helped' Jennifer Lawrence to win her Oscar?

Wow, If Harvey is in the process, then I won't be chocked she get an Oscar nom.

• Like 1

So blatant awards bait "Unbroken" and "Big Eyes" failed to make the nominations completely, not even Amy Adams and Jack O'Connell.

O'Connell was always a very long shot even if Unbroken did get a great reception. Too many hurdles for him to overcome.

What nasty emails leaked yesterday?

Look up the Amy Pascal/Scott Rudin emails.

• Like 1

O'Connell was always a very long shot even if Unbroken did get a great reception. Too many hurdles for him to overcome.

Look up the Amy Pascal/Scott Rudin emails.

Those e-mails are shocking.

Rudin sounded surprisingly reasonable considering his notoriously volatile reputation and Pascal in addition to requiring a backbone needs to utilize her spell and grammar check or employ a proofreader before she sends out e-mails.  Embarrassing.

• Like 2

Those e-mails are shocking.

Rudin sounded surprisingly reasonable considering his notoriously volatile reputation and Pascal in addition to requiring a backbone needs to utilize her spell and grammar check or employ a proofreader before she sends out e-mails.  Embarrassing.

They looked like AW forums posts :lol: 

Sony is such a mess. That Kevin Hart email. :ph34r:  No wonder they can't do right by Spidey.

But anyway, congrats to Jen on her nom. :lol:

But I am more than happy for my girl Felicity Jones. I have always adored her ever since I saw her in Flashbacks of a Fool and Northanger Abbey. I'm happy she's getting some notice in Hollywood.

I see Rosamund Pike in the mix. You go girl!

Shout out to Mark Ruffalo too. Love him.

I see I have a lot of movies to catch up on.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 1

I literally heard of Cake for the first time 30 minutes ago. What even is it?

A very popular dessert usually served during birthdays.

or

A 90's alt rock band that told some guy was going the Distance.

• Like 3

The Fault in Our Stars has one of the best performances of the year with Shaileen...seriously upset that she was snubbed.

I definitely agree with that. I was having a slim hope Woodley might get in, however these nominations as a whole are a bit confusing.

For example, no Selma. I am happy Unbroken missed though.

Edited by The Panda

Orange will win because it has like what 40 actors nominated for the ensemble, shows with a big cast usually wins.

Surprised with Aniston and Watts nods but that made this Oscar season fun at least. It gets boring if the ones predicted by the websites are the exact ones nominated

Actress: 

Swank is dead. And Aniston is so WTF, I don't even know what to say anymore, but it'll be very funny watching her campaign her ass off for the next month and possibly 3. However, an Aniston nom here hurts Lamy a lot more than Cotillard  :angry:  because this will be the third time in a row that Lamy gets a Oscar nom from a SAG snub if she happens and this will be unprecedented. Secondly, Lamy is just awful and she doesn't deserve a leading nom as America's favourite supporting housewife, but I digress. Also, she's in a Weinstein backed English language feature so this would've always been much easier for her than Cotillard, and for her to lose out to Aniston who has basically not campaigned at all is frankly embarrassing. 

Aniston is campaigning

http://thefilmexperience.net/blog/2014/12/5/monty-the-cat-pundit-smells-a-jennifer-aniston-surprise.html

cake2.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=141

Edited by forg