grim22

BOF's top 25 movies of 2014. Full list Page 5. The forum worships at the altar of Nolan.

there's probably a mortdecai spot or two they can afford to play right now.

They are paying for 1 minute of space to pass a random scene of Insurgent so  am sure they can pass a Mortdecai spot as well :lol: 

My unsubmitted Top 25 as of today. Too many films do not release in time here.

1. Birdman (saw yesterday)

2. Boyhood

3. Edge of Tomorrow

4. How to Train Your Dragon 2

5. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

6. Normal Heart, The

7. Fury

8. Begin Again

9. Judge, The

10. Mockingjay

11. Grand Budapest Hotel

12. Interstellar

13. This is Where I Leave You

14. Coherence

15. Lucy

16. X-Men: Days of Futures Past

17. Lego Movie, The

18. Theory of Everything, The

19. 22 Jump Street

20. Godzilla

21. Equalizer, The

22. Gone Girl

23. Fault in Our Stars, The

24. Locke

25. Predestination

• Like 1

I will go dinner in 20 minutes, so I won't see the reveal. Anyway, as soon as I return a thread to discuss the SB (where spoilers are fair game) will be created. Can someone tell me what channel is passing the game? NBC?

Number 10

Edge of Tomorrow – 138 points, appears on 32 lists

SfBXLCV.png

74pRIfR.png

My favorite movie of summer 2014. This was an awesome concept mixed with tight direction and editing, and two brilliant performances. Edge of tomorrow or Live/Die/Repeat or whatever they are calling it this week was a shockingly good movie IMO. I went to watch it with low to no expectations and ended up watching it four times in theaters. The groundhog day loop is repeated just enough times to give us an idea of the amount of time Cage has been stuck in it, and Cruise plays to his strengths completely, but the show stealer is Emily Blunt as the Full Metal Bitch. This movie released the same weekend as Fault In Our Stars and got lost in the box office shuffle somewhat before making its way to 100M domestic. It is also the only movie released that weekend to make it to this top movies list.

Boxoffice: 100M Domestic / 370M Worldwide

BOF User Reviews:

This is amazing. One of the best sci-fi movies I have ever seen. Easily my number 1 of the year so far. It has such great moments. Very funny stuff. The action is fantastic, the third act was, I don't even have words to describe it. Tom Cruise is still a terrific actor. The whole final battle was crazy. My mind was blown away. Emily Blunt was excellent, same with Bill Paxton. The story arch of Tom Cruise's character is very good, because he is not what we think he is going by trailers. The only small complain is the motivations of the aliens. We never know but there is a theory that they just want to conquer worlds, and I can live with that. The final 5 minutes were a bit confusing, but I just think Tom Cruise was able to reset even before he reached to talk with the general about going to the mission in France, but since he had destroyed Omega, the aliens weren't able to reset the day and lost their power. This is my theory and it works for me. See it guys. It is unbelievably good.” –  CJohn

I know it's far from a perfect movie, but damn was that entertaining.  

It also did something I really appreciate for a time loop movie, it didn't make us follow along the entire way.  I really liked how it skipped ahead to him doing things that he has done many times before, but we hadn't seen yet.  Especially when they finally get off the beach.  We learn in the car ride that this isn't new stuff, he has been here before.  He knows things that he shouldn't know and just how much does he know?  How far has he gotten?  We do finally catch up to him at the farm as he tries to figure out a way to save her.

I fucking love that.” – Boner Omega

• Like 18

I will go dinner in 20 minutes, so I won't see the reveal. Anyway, as soon as I return a thread to discuss the SB (where spoilers are fair game) will be created. Can someone tell me what channel is passing the game? NBC?

It is NBC.

• Like 1