Olive

Tuesday night numbers: HOBBIT 3 - $11.2M

The original trilogy takes 9 hours to have dwarves walk, and walk, and walk, and walk some more to drop a magical ring into some kind of volcano/firepit.  On the way there they encounter dangerous creatures and treacherous weather.  It has very little substance or psychological depth beyond a 6th grade level.  I will admit that the series has good acting - especially from Ian McKellan, Christopher Lee, Viggo Mortensen, and Andy Serkis.  They give effort 100% in their roles.  But the good acting can only take you so far.  Dwarves walking and walking forever and then arguing with each other repeatedly is not interesting after about 90 minutes.

• Like 11

Avatar: The Last Airbender + The Legend of Korra.

^Still think Nickleodeon should reboot that universe in cinematic live action form. If done right, has to potential to be bigger than Potter AND LotR both commercially (especially OS) and critically.

Yeah the last airbender could match it if done well for me it's like the only thing that could become my fav movie over Lotr. But than it needs the same lv as the serie with amazing viduals.

• Like 1

Yeah the last airbender could match it if done well for me it's like the only thing that could become my fav movie over Lotr. But than it needs the same lv as the serie with amazing viduals.

It's perfectly doable with the right and passionate studio backed creative team not including anyone named M. Night Shyamalan . The characterizations blow away anything in LotR and Potter and it is far more epic in scope than Hunger Games. 

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 1

It's perfectly doable with the right and passionate studio backed creative team not including anyone named M. Night Shyamalan . The characterizations blow away anything in LotR and Potter and it is far more epic in scope than Hunger Games. 

Yep but for me they should inprove on azula's becomeing mad proces.

They have to make the actors alteast 16-18 ATLEAST! because we can't have the shit of last time. Btw, I think i could have done beter as a director :)

I also would make it into 6 movies :D

• Like 1

Yep but for me they should inprove on azula's becomeing mad proces.

They have to make the actors alteast 16-18 ATLEAST! because we can't have the shit of last time. Btw, I think i could have done beter as a director :)

I also would make it into 6 movies :D

Yeah, if they flesh out Azula's backstory/relationship with her mother some more, then that character is actually Best Supporting Actress material. And I agree that ATLA supports 6 movies by dividing each book into two movies.

• Like 2

The original trilogy takes 9 hours to have dwarves walk, and walk, and walk, and walk some more to drop a magical ring into some kind of volcano/firepit. On the way there they encounter dangerous creatures and treacherous weather. It has very little substance or psychological depth beyond a 6th grade level. I will admit that the series has good acting - especially from Ian McKellan, Christopher Lee, Viggo Mortensen, and Andy Serkis. They give effort 100% in their roles. But the good acting can only take you so far. Dwarves walking and walking forever and then arguing with each other repeatedly is not interesting after about 90 minutes.

Wtf dude be honest you haven't seen lotr have you? Dwarves walking lol. There is only one dwarf in the fellowship. Treacherous weather haha.

• Like 3

My thoughts on the first 2 movies in the LOTR trilogy are similar to what Roger Ebert's were.  He gave Fellowship and Two Towers 3 stars out of 4.  I would give them each 2.5 stars out of 4.

I give this post 2.5 out of 4 stars. And I'm giving you an extra point for being a child of the 80s.

Yeah, if they flesh out Azula's backstory/relationship with her mother some more, then that character is actually Best Supporting Actress material. And I agree that ATLA supports 6 movies by dividing each book into two movies.

Yep, she is my favorite character of the hole serie. She is bad-ass and supirior to almost everyone in every way (accept emmotional) and she was only 14! 

And I love the stronge female characters. Also Zuko is amazing, such a deep character, I love the talk with his sister, it's always so cold but I still have the feeling they love each other.

• Like 2

Yep, she is my favorite character of the hole serie. She is bad-ass and supirior to almost everyone in every way (accept emmotional) and she was only 14! 

And I love the stronge female characters. Also Zuko is amazing, such a deep character, I love the talk with his sister, it's always so cold but I still have the feeling they love each other.

The Fire Nation teenagers were really compelling, especially Zuko, Azula and Mai. I love the Book 3 episode, The Beach, where Zuko and the girls spend time together discussing their family stemmed psychological issues. Refreshing to see such fully realized antagonists when compared to other franchises' 2D teen baddies like Slytherins and Careers.

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 2

The Fire Nation teenagers were really compelling, especially Zuko, Azula and Mai. I love the Book 3 episode, The Beach, where Zuko and the girls spend time together discussing their family stemmed psychological issues. Refreshing to see such fully realized antagonists when compared to other franchises' 2D teen baddies like Slytherins and Careers.

So true!

Book one has a great character explanation about zuko, his past is just amazing. The firelord was a bit of a let down for me, in comparison with the others he didn't got shit of development. So I am prety happy that he didn't get to much screen time (althougt if he had more he could have been explained beter)

Btw what are your top 5 fav characters?

• Like 2

So true!

Book one has a great character explanation about zuko, his past is just amazing. The firelord was a bit of a let down for me, in comparison with the others he didn't got shit of development. So I am prety happy that he didn't get to much screen time (althougt if he had more he could have been explained beter)

Btw what are your top 5 fav characters?

I think the Firelord's development was adequate as the show made it clear how much he screwed up Zuko and Azula in two vastly different ways. That was the biggest example of his ruthlessness, IMO.

Sigh. Only 5? Let's see.

1. Iroh (of course!)

2. Aang

3. Azula

4. Toph

5. Zuko

But Sokka, Katara and Mai are pretty up there as well. I really would've liked to see more development of Suki and her relationship with Sokka though. The whole concept and look of the Kyoshi Warriors was so cool.

• Like 2

I think the Firelord's development was adequate as the show made it clear how much he screwed up Zuko and Azula in two vastly different ways. That was the biggest example of his ruthlessness, IMO.

Sigh. Only 5? Let's see.

1. Iroh (of course!)

2. Aang

3. Azula

4. Toph

5. Zuko

But Sokka, Katara and Mai are pretty up there as well. I really would've liked to see more development of Suki and her relationship with Sokka though. The whole concept and look of the Kyoshi Warriors was so cool.

Like you said, it's about his children and not realy about his own life, about how he felt. He is just hars and rude to his childeren but they don't give much time on why.

Like you said, it's about his children and not realy about his own life, about how he felt. He is just hars and rude to his childeren but they don't give much time on why.

His own father favored Iroh over him so he was always jealous and insecure. His relationship with his father is a mirror of Azula's relationship with her mother and Zuko's with Ozai himself. Subconsciously he ended up favoring Azula for her cruelty and took out his own dad issues on Zuko. The theme of a parent playing favorites with his/her children is a pretty consistent one throughout Avatar and Korra, especially when we learned that Aang too was not above this shortcoming.

• Like 1