LexJoker

Monday #s 12/22 | Hobbit3 $9M

Much better hold than hobbit1 & hobbit2

46% drop seems a little steep. You can't compare to Hobbit 1 and 2, this is Monday of Christmas week. Big difference.

Expect movies like Big Hero 6 and Penguins to only drop in the 5-10% range. Annie and NATM3 should have slightly bigger drops since they're new openers, but they shouldn't be near 46%.

46% drop seems a little steep. You can't compare to Hobbit 1 and 2, this is Monday of Christmas week. Big difference.

Expect movies like Big Hero 6 and Penguins to only drop in the 5-10% range. Annie and NATM3 should have slightly bigger drops since they're new openers, but they shouldn't be near 46%.

Comparing to first monday yes the drop is good, because bofa opened on wednesday and the weekend gross is less compared to first 2, as for christmas week i agree the drop is little steep hope it picks up tuesday and continues during christmas week.. 

or even hobbit 2 where the 23rd was Monday meaning more free time.

I doubt that 22nd vs 23rd means that much more free time one way or the other. For Hobbit 2, the 23rd was it's second Monday, and that's what makes the difference.

Ok number, -47% drop. ROTK dropped 42%

But keep in mind that ROTK also dropped 8% on Tuesday too, and that's extremely unlikely for Hobbit 3, thanks to discount Tuesdays. Hobbit 3 might even manage an increase on Tuesday.

• Like 1

Actually, that's not a good number...

Not good at all. But i doubt it's just Hobbit, for whatever reason this week does not produce as high numbers as the same week 11 years ago. Sunday holds were worse and i bet Monday will be smaller for every movie.

• Like 1