LexJoker

Monday #s 12/22 | Hobbit3 $9M

A  better 6th day than any of its predecessors. AUJ 7.8 and DOS 6.295

Welcome to the forums!

Keep in mind the sixth day is very different between BOTFA (a monday in Christmas week) and  AUJ / DOS (a thursday before Christmas week)

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome :)

I keep everything in mind. But the 22nd of AUJ and DOS were on Saturday and Sunday if i am not mistaken. I still see it as good number,not great.

Welcome!! :)

Forget the day. It is hard to compare with AUJ and DOS since the weeks are delayed, and these are very particular dates. Look at what ROTK did 11 years ago. It was coming from a record opening and still was able to drop less than BOFA has done. I know, LOTR was extremely well received, but I think it is remarkable. Meh number. It should have made at least $10m. That 1 million difference can be a big problem for future numbers.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums!

Keep in mind the sixth day is very different between BOTFA (a monday in Christmas week) and  AUJ / DOS (a thursday before Christmas week)

It's difficult to compare and judge whether the figure is good or average because of that then. You can compare to the Lord of the Rings movies though, which opened also the week before Christmas on the Wednesday. On that Monday Return of the King dropped 42%, The Two Towers 32.6% and Fellowship of the Ring 54%. So that puts BotFA's drop around mid range with the LOTR trilogy.

Sony Pictures allows theaters to show 'The Interview': Dallas cinema

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/23/us-northkorea-cyberattack-dallas-idUSKBN0K11GJ20141223?utm_source=twitter

(Reuters) - Sony Pictures will allow the release of comedy "The Interview" on Dec. 25 less than a week after pulling the film's planned release following a devastating cyber attack, a Dallas cinema set to screen the film said on Tuesday.

The screwball comedy about a fictional plot to assassinate North Korea leader Kim Jong Un led to a cyber attack on the studio, which the U.S. government has blamed on North Korea.

Sony Pictures allows theaters to show 'The Interview': Dallas cinema

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/12/23/us-northkorea-cyberattack-dallas-idUSKBN0K11GJ20141223?utm_source=twitter

(Reuters) - Sony Pictures will allow the release of comedy "The Interview" on Dec. 25 less than a week after pulling the film's planned release following a devastating cyber attack, a Dallas cinema set to screen the film said on Tuesday.

The screwball comedy about a fictional plot to assassinate North Korea leader Kim Jong Un led to a cyber attack on the studio, which the U.S. government has blamed on North Korea.

Well looks like I'm going to see that Saturday.

• Like 1

A better 6th day than any of its predecessors. AUJ 7.8 and DOS 6.295

Welcome to the Forums :)

There's not much to add that hasn't already been said; but I think it would be smart to wait and see what Tuesday bump the film gets, rather than just base everything off of Monday numbers. A Tuesday increase to 10+ million could very well bode good things for Hobbit over the holidays.

I'm not particulary worried about Hobbit 3. It has a good 18m above DOS and should mantein the difference through their runs. BOTFA is getting now more in dailys but that will be balanced by Smaug later. I cant see less than 265-270m final. My prediction right now would be 275-280.

• Like 1