The Interview (2014)

38 members have voted

1. 1. Grade It:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

nice production values and score, a few good laughs.

It's too inconsistent though, the second act is boring and predictable as fuck.

James Franco is over the top and too much gay jokes for me.

if you loved This is the End, you'll like this.

45/100

Edited by Goffe Ascending

I loved it. Way better than Neighbors IMO. The beginning is a bit slow, but once they get to Korea, I thought it was consistently hilarious. Franco didn't click until Korea, but yeah. Cinematography and action was surprisingly great too. Very happy this was released. A

I just watched it so my 2014 movie tally would be at 75 (and I have 35 overall positive reviews, so a nice round number to end the year on), and it was probably the funniest straight comedy of the year.  The jokes do slow down once they get into North Korea, but by that point I was invested enough to be alright with it.  I really feel like had there not been a lot of fuss over the movie that it would have gotten a much better reception than it is right now.  Production values and cinematography was some of the best that I've seen from a Rogen film and it's script is there with This is the End and Knocked Up as one of the smarter Rogen flicks.  Really enjoyed it.  B+

• Like 1

Um....I kind of thought it was pretty bad.  :mellow:

Park is great as Kim Jong Un, and there are some really funny moments in there (namely most stuff with Katy Perry & the over the top violence), but other than that, I found it to be mildly amusing at best and boring, redundant, and kinda racist at worst. I feel like everything in the satire has been explored better in other films, and Franco as Skylark didn't work for me because his humor is too inconsistent and when the movie tries to play his friendship with Rogen, it doesn't work because he's a huge asshole for most of the movie. I wish I could have enjoyed it as much as some of you did, but alas, I could not. 

• Like 3

When Rogen got his finger bit off like Frodo, I almost pissed myself.  

Pretty funny movie and lots of good jokes.  I'd recommend it.  Better than Neighbors but not on the same level as TITE.

8/10

• Like 2

You know?? I've wondered this for awhile since this whole hacking thing started, but it makes me wonder if there was no hacking to begin with and this was nothing more than Bizarre marketing. a ruse to sell this movie and that North Korea was in on it the whole time??? I feel this way because it just seems like a stupid movie for North Korea to get this worked up over, not to mention the fact that back in 2005 or whenever it was, TEAM AMERICA basically had the same plot, wasn't it?? Or close to it?? And if that's true, then how come North Korea didn't get worked up over it back then like they are now???

Uhm this is a stupid theory. Why would Sony release emails to hurt people's reputation. Why would North Korea have to be involved? They could just do it without them. Also, if North Korea would make a movie about Barrack Obama getting assassinated, the US would be kind of revolted. They wouldn't recur to stupid measures like Korea, but they would be bothered. Also, the different between those two cases (Interview/Team America) is the guy who is the leader of North Korea.

Edited by ChD
  • Like 2

No one would ever EVER use 911 as a marketing ploy.  The idiots from NK who did this said that if this opened there would be retribution worse than 911.  If you really think this was a marketing ploy, then you are even more cynical than I am towards the world.

• Like 2

I liked it although it may be everybody's cup of tea and yeah yeah I know the controversy but the Seth Rogen and James Franco still made it good and lots of the scenes were pretty funny overall I Laughed a lot at this movie and enjoyed some of the action stuff too in it as well. Once again very funny comedy and a good comedy to end a blah 2014(although it's 2015) B+

Saw it again in theaters. Really love it; need to check out This is the End

You really do.  Not often do me and Gopher agree on a lot but last year we both had TITE as one of the best films of the year.