Ezen Baklattan

Spaghetti's Lustral Cinematic Celebration (100 Best Films From 2010-2014) - Top 10 Time!

harry_potter_dhp1_107.jpg

76. HARRY POTTER & THE DEATHLY HALLOWS - PART 1

"O, children, lift up you're voice"

It's no secret, but just to reiterate - I adore Harry Potter. The exciting world of Hogwarts, the exciting characters, and the overarching themes of empowerment, tolerance, and love, it might just be one of the defining stories of Generation Y. Perhaps nowhere is the film adaption at its artistic best than with the penultimate chapter. Harry and his friends are forced on the run after You Know Who is one the large once more. It works because the mood and direction heighten the fear and stakes of the matter, and it puts the friendship of the main trio to the test in ultimate ways as it seems that the entire world is against them. Unlike other part films, it works as a single film out of cohesiveness to mood and a legitimate arc that gives Harry and company the empowerment to take their last stand. A brilliant feature overall, and one of the most emotionally powerful entries in the saga.

margin-call.jpg

75. MARGIN CALL

"Be first, be smarter, or cheat."

Move over, House of Cards, this is the ultimate destination of Kevin Spacey and dubious activities within the ruling class. The mainstream debut of J.C. Chandor is simply fantastic in its depiction of how the financial explosion a few years ago took hold. Featuring razor sharp dialogue and brilliant performances overall, it puts other political thrillers in recent memory to shame by creating characters that have complex layers and deal with their own issues. One striking scene occurs at the very end of the movie, where Spacey is burying his dead dog, with the sound of dirt being shoveled carrying into the end credits. It's a haunting play that connects with the graudal hopelessness of the situation in Wall Street and solidifies the talents of Chandor as a director. Good show, indeed.

tumblr_ne2wxipIdP1rnhnqfo1_500.gif

• Like 1

I don't hate it. Day Lewis and Tommy Lee Jones are both great in the movie ( which is surprisingly funny) but it's a bit too long.

It was the 4th best film of 2012. Only Django, Perks, and Life of Pi were better.

It was the 4th best film of 2012. Only Django, Perks, and Life of Pi were better.

I would say it's 7th or 8th best but I consider 2012 a week year.

( of the others you mention I've only seen LoP, which I hate. Want to see Perks though.)

Edited by Baritone Pride

Yeah, I didn't really like Lincoln that much as well. I though Daniel Day-Lewis' performance was great, but that's about all I got out of it. It bored me to tears.

I liked Day-Lewis and everything else. I guess because we watched it in History that it made it more interesting.