Ezen Baklattan

The Boss (former title Michelle Darnell) (April 8, 2016) - Melissa McCarthy

42 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

McCarthy is really hit and miss, she's really an actress who's only as good as her material.

She's really quite funny and kills it with the right roles (like Paul Feig's films), but she needs to stop working with her husband aside from cameos in her movies. They clearly aren't great screen collaborators.

Showings began at 7 p.m. The opening weekend of Universal’s “The Boss,” which is launching at 3,482 sites,  is expected to gross about $21 million. That should  provide a serious challenge to Warner Bros.’ third weekend of “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” which has been pegged to finish at around $25 million.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/box-office-boss-melissa-mccarthy-opening-1201748743/

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Yeh hopefully this is the last of the husband wife team. 

Although I haven't even seen the film yet.

Shes diamond with Feig. I have faith in Ghostbusters, even though I'm not a fan of the first two. 

She's the kind of actress who I could see killing it in a good Woody Allen movie, if one came along. Unfortunately, given the wildly inconsistent quality of his work over the last 20 years (poor Emma Stone, he sure failed her), those chances are really slim.

22 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I'm serious, I watched it last night and I loved it, yeah, it is not so good as the masterpieces that she made with Feig, but, still way better than some terrible overrated shits like Ted or any movie from Seth Rogen

:mellow:

9 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Funny enough I liked this one.

Interesting.

In your opinion, what did they (Melissa and the director) did differently that made you liked it? Was it the material that you liked better? I have not watched it yet, but I am dying to, and I am intrigued as to what you thought of the movie.

• Like 1

Well, the first twenty minutes was kinda bad.  And then it just switched gears.  The comedy was really kind of uninhibited.  I also think that it benefited by being produced by Will Ferrel and Adam McKay.  There were a couple of scenes that were either straight up copies of some of their films or homages to them.  Also, the humour was definitely rated R stuff.  My three favourite movies with her in them are all rated R laugh fests, Bridesmaids, Spy and this one.  There were some jokes that just went for it, and what I mean by that is that they just kind of threw caution to the wind and went for the raunchiest jokes they could.  And they worked.  Plus I thought her and Bell had a great rapport with one another.  The script in this is an actual script.  I felt that with Tammy, there was no script, it was just painfully horrid imo.  This one seemed like they actually spent some time on the jokes and most of them worked beautifully.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

Well, the first twenty minutes was kinda bad.  And then it just switched gears.  The comedy was really kind of uninhibited.  I also think that it benefited by being produced by Will Ferrel and Adam McKay.  There were a couple of scenes that were either straight up copies of some of their films or homages to them.  Also, the humour was definitely rated R stuff.  My three favourite movies with her in them are all rated R laugh fests, Bridesmaids, Spy and this one.  There were some jokes that just went for it, and what I mean by that is that they just kind of threw caution to the wind and went for the raunchiest jokes they could.  And they worked.  Plus I thought her and Bell had a great rapport with one another.  The script in this is an actual script.  I felt that with Tammy, there was no script, it was just painfully horrid imo.  This one seemed like they actually spent some time on the jokes and most of them worked beautifully.

Thanks! I am glad you enjoyed it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

They produced Tammy as well.

This was kind of a mess but it might be worth seeing on a Discount Tuesday just for its flashes of zany comic inspiration (that whole girl scout fight: :lol:).

• Like 2