baumer

Baumer's/Tele's/Chas' 25 films that have brainwashed people into mindless adulation (Tele pg 26)

4. Million Dollar Baby

2004-million_dollar_baby-1.jpg

A shameless soap opera gussied up with portentous seriousness... and everyone bought it. There are moments here that would be embarrassing in a Lifetime movie, let alone a drama that aspires to greatness. I still can't believe this piece of shit won Best Picture.

You just regained one tenth of your legimitacy.

• Like 2

3. Forrest Gump

forrest-gump-movie-poster-1020190695.jpg

:lol: I'm not much of a fan, as I'm sure you all know. Good performance by Hanks, of course, and moments of great poignancy.... pushed aside by a bunch of self-referential shit and misplaced boomer nostalgia.

Hell to the NO.

Forrest Gump is movie magic.

• Like 3

3. Forrest Gump

forrest-gump-movie-poster-1020190695.jpg

:lol: I'm not much of a fan, as I'm sure you all know. Good performance by Hanks, of course, and moments of great poignancy.... pushed aside by a bunch of self-referential shit and misplaced boomer nostalgia.

You just regained one tenth of your legimitacy.

Only to lose it immediately after.

• Like 3

Only to lose it immediately after.

Naww... FG was a fun and sometimes unique movie but it wasn't one of the all time greats that many hold it up to be.

I've never had the desire to own it or even to re-watch it.

• Like 1

Naww... FG was a fun and sometimes unique movie but it wasn't one of the all time greats that many hold it up to be.

I've never had the desire to own it or even to re-watch it.

But go ahead and bash Tele about it because it deserves it for his other choices.

• Like 3

tele's choices have all been fine except THE SHINING (the stephen king excuse is fucking weak: this is a kubrick movie!) and perhaps INCEPTION (there are a million far worse blockbusters).

i will comment on IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE though - could anyone see just a peep of irony in there? particularly the ending.

Tele, I will forgive you for everything you said in this thread if 'Up' turns out to be number 1.

UP has one of the greatest 1st Acts of all time however it was pretty average after that.  However not sure it belongs in this list... not with films like Pulp Fiction and TDK left.