baumer

Baumer's/Tele's/Chas' 25 films that have brainwashed people into mindless adulation (Tele pg 26)

For me, a list like this should have

2001. Space Odissey

Pulp Fiction

Apocalipse Now

Godfellas

Being John Malcovich

Slumdog Millionaire

The English Patient

Inception

Shrek

Edited by stripe
  • Like 1

NUMBER 3 - FINDING NEMO

169th on IMDB, 27th Worldwide, 21st DOmestic, 53rd Adjusted

4 Oscar Nominations, 1 win. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmskxOuWQgA

I love Pixar, they revolutionised animation. Toy Story introduced us to a whole new concept and did it at a time when Disney was running short of ideas and the future of decent animation seriously looked in doubt. Bugs Life was pretty damn good two. Toy Story 2 was an all time classic film let alone animation and Monsters Inc was pretty damn fun.

Everything was new, fresh, funny and something done in a way we'd not quite seen before. Then Finding Nemo turns up and gives us what is still the most generic plot of any Pixar film to date.

Finding Nemo is not a bad film, of course not, Pixar were still Pixar, but it was a soul-crushingly average film.  It has average jokes, average characters, average story arcs. IT's average. Yet half the world seems to act like this is the greatest animation of all time, let alone Pixar. It. just. isn't.

Look at that opening 10 minutes of Up. The opening half of Wall-E, the Universe of Toy Story, the concept of Monsters Inc, the visuals of Ratatouile . I could go on, but my point is that Nemo cannot compete in any of these categories and it upsets me that the worst character in the film is getting a spin off film next year instead of Incredibles or something more deserving.

It's the worst film Pixar have made, but it is still a positive reflection on Pixar as a whole that it is still decent, despite being the worst.

^This (although I wouldn't call it the worst, Cars 2 deserves that honor)

Edited by Visor shades Kalo
  • Like 1

1. Star Wars

2. The Avengers (the series)

3. Pixar

4. Jurassic Park

5. The Godfather

6. Frozen

7. Shrek

8. Frozen

9. Twilight

10. 50 Shades

It's a good thing you have your looks because your taste in movies sucks.

That's 7 of the greatest movies of all time.

You need to replace one of the Frozen's with Jaws... then you've really got all the greats.

• Like 1

Dont think Twilight should ever be on a list of over rated films....unless you are visiting a forum comprised of girls aged 8-18 and baumer....other than that its pretty much hated everywhere.

• Like 6

Dont think Twilight should ever be on a list of over rated films....unless you are visiting a forum comprised of girls aged 8-18 and baumer....other than that its pretty much hated everywhere.

i like Twilight, I've probably seen it a dozen times. in fact I was obsessed with them when they came out, I read all the books in two months and saw every movie in theaters except the first. I think the story is quite unique, and they have really good scores. even though some of the acting is not very good, and some horrible CGI. and bad dialogue. it's been a while since I've seen them though, the first and the last are the best by far. 

• Like 2

I just reread this thread, starting with chas' list and then tele's.  For those who have never seen this thread, it's a beauty.

Would still love to see @Noctis take a crack at this

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

I just reread this thread, starting with chas' list and then tele's.  For those who have never seen this thread, it's a beauty.

Would still love to see @Noctis take a crack at this

Please no, I don't want to see Star Wars get shit all over.

• Like 1