Fancyarcher

American Made | 9/29/2017

1 minute ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Cruise has a following and even his Jack Reacher films did okay.  I don't think it will open to less than 20.  

1) Jack Reacher was a big popular book franchise, Jack Reacher 2 was a sequel, it had a nearly 100 million gross budget and did 22.8m OW not that far from 20.

2) Cruise fan just got The Mummy for their Cruise fix already (look at last year's Tom Hanks movie that were not Sully)

I think it could open at Atomic Blonde level.

13 minutes ago, Barnack said:

1) Jack Reacher was a big popular book franchise, Jack Reacher 2 was a sequel, it had a nearly 100 million gross budget and did 22.8m OW not that far from 20.

2) Cruise fan just got The Mummy for their Cruise fix already (look at last year's Tom Hanks movie that were not Sully)

I think it could open at Atomic Blonde level.

Thank you letting me know Reacher was a book.  :redcapes:

Edge of Tomorrow

Oblivion

Valkyrie

Knight and Day

All opened north of 20 million. Cruise is a name all unto himself.

And you and I are kind of agreeing.  You have it opening to around 18 million and I think it will do 20.

Well you used the opening weekend of one of the biggest best seller book franchise of a 100 million budget movie as if it would be easy to reproduce with American Made.

Edge of tomorrow was one of the best reviewed movie of the summer,a giant 168m net budget action movie with a nice high concept, Oblivion was a 160 gross budget million movie Sci-fi, the previous  2 were with a much "stronger" Cruise.

12 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I think it will do 20.

A ok, yeah we are close, I thought when you said it would not open below 20m, that you had in mind will probably do 25m +/- 20%

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Cruise has a following and even his Jack Reacher films did okay.  I don't think it will open to less than 20.  

Agreed. Cruise has a fairly consistent track-record, unless reviews are bad, I can see this opening to at least 21m.

Cruise just did the most badass stunt ever for this film. For some reason the yahoo link didn't work, here is the main part:

"It can be pretty hair-raising - flying extremely fast, small airplanes, low to the ground, is a dangerous environment to be in just on its own. Then, in the story, he’s throwing bales of cocaine out of the airplane, loading them up with guns, so every once in a while in thisscene he’s got to climb out of the cockpit and go to the back of the airplane to dump the cocaine out.

“I’m flying alongside him in a helicopter filming, and that made a big impression on me – there’s nobody in the cockpit of the plane! Tom has gone to the back of the aircraft, and he’s alone in thatairplane. It’s one thing to have Tom Cruise alone in the airplane flying it – that’s already outrageous – now he’s alone and he’s not even in the cockpit so he’s gone beyond. It was already a stunt before he left the cockpit, it was already a serious stunt.

Edited by The Dark Alfred
  • Like 1