CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

McConaughey didn't get a BAFTA nom last year either. Like Selma, Dallas Buyers Club didn't come to the UK until really late.

Oyelowo is British though, if he couldn't get hometown support, breaking through the Academy list was going to be difficult.

Plenty of publications headlines right now read "All white nominees in the acting categories". Blatant baiting.

• Like 1

So they seem to go with mostly chalk for the nominations.  The only big thing seems to be the omission of some animated movie based on toys, trying to remember the title, but I think someone in this thread will fill me in ;)

• Like 1

Interstellar was nominated for Cinematography by AWFJ, BAFA, COFCA, CFCA, Critics Choice, D-FWFCA, DFCS, FFCC, GFCA, HFCS, NFCS, PFCS, SDFCS, Satellite, S.LGFCA, WAFCA,...

**** YOU ACADEMY! 

• Like 2

Yuck at the love for Grand Budapest Hotel. What a mediocre film.

I thought it was "good" but extremely overrated with 9nods.

Also I didn't see before that David O'lewyo' (I can't for the life of me spell that name) didn't get a nod. I was certain he would!

Best Animated Feature Film

"Big Hero 6"

"The Boxtrolls"

"How to Train Your Dragon 2"

"Song of the Sea"

"The Tale of Princess Kaguya"

tumblr_n6jbgfezgF1rl53x2o2_500.gif

Seriously though, what is it with the Academy and snubbing animated frontrunners recently? First Monsters U and now this. I suppose at least it makes it more likely that HTTYD2 (which I personally prefer) will pick up the win, but still, what even the fuck? Also, I should probably be more excited about Princess Kagura but, to be honest, it's one of the rare Ghibli's that I didn't actually like very much.

Also Gyllenhaal snub for Nightcrawler. For shame.

• Like 2

Still not buying the Boyhood win until it wins the SAG ensemble. Then I'll start believing this narrative is real or whatnot. I honestly still think that the guilds have a chance and a big chance of choosing another film to rally around.

I think Boyhood will win Best Picture, but Birdman will and should win the SAG ensemble award imo.

• Like 1