CoolioD1

87TH ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY DISCUSSION THREAD AAAHHH! | Discuss It Live Here

I'm not saying anything about American Sniper until I saw it, but the campaign did a lot for it.

WB are becoming a smart campaign studio. They moved Sniper to December at the last minute and kept a great campaign going for it. They seem to have learnt from the Argo and Gravity campaigns. If the reason they moved "In the heart of the sea" to December is for an Oscar campaign, then that movie may well end up in the running this time next year.

James Gunn ‏@JamesGunn  2h2 hours ago

I do think some of the Academy voters have Legos for brains in that the Lego Movie wasn't nominated for Best Animated Film.

James Gunn ‏@JamesGunn  2h2 hours ago

The Lego Movie is better than 7 of the 8 films up for Best Picture. It deserved to be nominated for Best Animated film.

I understand that everyone has opinions, but this guy can definitely afford to voice his opinions less. Seriously.

• Like 5

Because, like the lead of his film he's a man-child

I probably let it annoy me more than I should. I like that most of my favorite directors would probably squirm if you gave them a compliment when the likes of Gunn, Reeves, Stanton etc like to pat themselves on the back and retweet anything nice anyone says about them ever.

• Like 2

Lol @ Gone Girl / Tom Hardy snubs... booo

American Sniper gets a Best Picture nom. That's low, even for the Oscars.

Can't believe LEGO Movie got snubbed for best animated film.

Hey it could've been much worse, at least we can all take a sigh of relief that UNBROKEN didn't get a bunch of sympathy / Hollywood politics noms for BRANGELINA.  At least the consensus on American Sniper isn't super mixed.

• Like 1

I probably let it annoy me more than I should. I like that most of my favorite directors would probably squirm if you gave them a compliment when the likes of Gunn, Reeves, Stanton etc like to pat themselves on the back and retweet anything nice anyone says about them ever.

He's definitely got some smarm in him but I just unfollowed him  :lol:

Whenever someone retweets like 10 complimentary tweets in a row it's an auto-unfollow. Tons of actors do it, too (although you expect actors to be more full of themselves)

• Like 2

Lol @ Gone Girl / Tom Hardy snubs... booo

Hey it could've been much worse, at least we can all take a sigh of relief that UNBROKEN didn't get a bunch of sympathy / Hollywood politics noms for BRANGELINA.  At least the consensus on American Sniper isn't super mixed.

I honestly believe if Unbroken was better received, it would have taken all of the nods Sniper garnered. Sniper's a stand in. Academy wanted one of 'em there and figured both would make good bank stateside.

• Like 1