Radius — 1
Relativity Media — 1

• Like 1

So

Marion Cotillard

Reese Witherspoon

Julianne Moore

Rosamund Pike

are the only nomination from their respective film ?

That s weird.

It's really a shame that the only best actress nominee in a best picture nominee is the one who plays "supportive wife 101". The category ended up strong this year though. those are all really good performances.

• Like 2

So Selma gets "snubbed" and its racist.

Performances in all white movie Fault in our Stars gets snubbed and thats fine.

Ok.

This argument is kinda silly B.  There are A LOT of white people that didn't get nominated whether or not they deserved it.  By all accounts Selma deserved a lot more nominations yet it didn't get them.  Why is that?

What exactly is Baumer being mocked for? The slavery equivalent of Schindler's List just won Best Picture last year so I think the notion that Selma didn't get a ton of noms due to prejudice is a bit reaching.

I'm not saying that though. I just have no idea where Baumer pulled that from, presumably out of his ass. But I do think Paramount's wack ass campaign was a huge part of it being knocked out of worthy categories.

I still think Lego should have got a nomination for best production design. The way it's animated like a stop-motion film and all the bricks and everything and omg i just <3 <3 <3 <3

I understand that everyone has opinions, but this guy can definitely afford to voice his opinions less. Seriously.

Even if i disagree with some of Gunn's opinions, I'm glad that he's not someone who just says what people want to hear and doesn't want to be rude etc.

He seems honest, even if a little naive.

Edited by treeroy
  • Like 1

It is also kinda sad that the only Oscar contender for oscar consideration for the black community, Selma, is yet again a movie about being black and the problems it caused throughout history.

Can a writer in Hollywood write a black character without referring to his color  of skin ?

• Like 1

It is also kinda sad that the only Oscar contender for oscar consideration for the black community, Selma, is yet again a movie about being black and the problems it caused throughout history.

Can a writer in Hollywood write a black character without referring to his color  of skin ?

It's a shame this is the case, the same goes for gay or LGBT characters too. Hollywood should buck its ideas up.

I do think some of the Academy voters have Legos for brains in that the Lego Movie wasn't nominated for Best Animated Film.

The Lego Movie is better than 7 of the 8 films up for Best Picture. It deserved to be nominated for Best Animated film.

I'm not surprised. (I don't really mean it as a compliment either.) :lol:

• Like 4

This argument is kinda silly B.  There are A LOT of white people that didn't get nominated whether or not they deserved it.  By all accounts Selma deserved a lot more nominations yet it didn't get them.  Why is that?

Cause it wasnt good enough?

BTW, yeah, Gunn is an idiot. From his FB page

5) I think our Guardians costume designer, Alexandra Byrne, our Production Designer, Charles Wood, and our Sound team from Skywalker Sound were snubbed as badly as anyone. All three of these departments created looks and sounds from nothing, from cultures that hadn't pre-existed, and created something beautiful that has already shifted the aesthetic paradigm of Hollywood films. Alex and Charles have been nominated by their peers in their guilds, but it'd be great to be acknowledged at the Oscars as well. I suppose they'll just have to be happy having made a film seen by more people than have seen all seven of the Best Film nominees combined.

Only reason I follow Gunn is for when he posts pictures like this  :lol:

10849959_10152370402386157_5513647783385

Lego was totally fucked in the ass!

Sounds fun!

BTW, yeah, Gunn is an idiot. From his FB page

Yeah that is a bit.. I dont even know what the word is. I mean, I don't blame him for loving his film (and it is a great film), but he has to realise that it's not the best film ever.

Edited by treeroy
  • Like 1

I probably let it annoy me more than I should. I like that most of my favorite directors would probably squirm if you gave them a compliment when the likes of Gunn, Reeves, Stanton etc like to pat themselves on the back and retweet anything nice anyone says about them ever.

The industry is dominated by men-children these days.

• Like 2

FioS had best female performance of the year and its not even close. The academy might be idiots for not nominating something but calling them racist because of it is ridiculous.