Impact

2015 Best Picture predictions!

Just now, Joel M said:

If Martian was getting in a 5-slot BP they wouldn't have snubbed Scott. 

If Four Weddings and a Funeral was in a 5 slot BP they wouldn't have snubbed...oh wait just a screenplay nomination :P

Room would of not gotten in most likely.

my personal rankings

1-bridge of spies

2-mad max: fury road

3-spotlight

4-the martian

5-room

6-brooklyn

I actually like all of these. usually there's at least one nominee I can't stand. i guess that doesn't bode well for big short or revenant.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

my personal rankings

1-bridge of spies

2-mad max: fury road

3-spotlight

4-the martian

5-room

6-brooklyn

I actually like all of these. usually there's at least one nominee I can't stand. i guess that doesn't bode well for big short or revenant.

Gonna guess Revenant will win those honors (completely blind- those are the two I still need to see myself :lol:)

This year is very hard to predict, so I'm going with the best reviewed film of the nominees which is Spotlight. Here's my breakdown of the strongest nominees to win best picture this year:

The Revenant: By far the most ambitious film of the nominees, the filming was hectic, dangerous and really difficult, but they pulled it through. The 12 nominations and GG wins gives it a major boost. Nominated by all guilds, Bafta, and GG for best picture.

The Big Short: It has great reviews and an excellent ensemble with A-list actors. Nominated by all guilds, Bafta, and GG for best picture. Starpower might carry it to bp with votes from the actors branch.

Spotlight: It's well-made and has the best reviews. Nominated by all guilds, Bafta, and GG for best picture.

Mad Max Fury Road: The best technical film of the year. This year's gravity maybe.

The Martian: Managed to beat The Big Short, the frontrunner for best picture during the precursors, at the Golden Globes for musical/comedy. It's a crowd pleaser like Gladiator and pro-American like Argo, so these factors can boost its chances. It's the highest grosser among the nominees.

Edited by movieboner

5 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Holy shit I just realized that Ridley Scott was snubbed for best director nom, thats amazing since most of the pundits had him as the frontrunner and actually winning it throughout the fall.  Dude may never win.

Alien Covenant will be his Mad Max: Fury Road.

8 hours ago, Halba said:

its going to be spotlight for BP and revenant for BD

spotlight's RT and metacritic is significantly higher than revenant. its ensemble is also the best.

this split makes sense. the academy will want to award the best rt score AND the best runtime.

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Impact said:

Revenant winning BP makes more sense then it winning BD, given how the director won last year.

AGI was a producer on Birdman, so he also won the Oscar for Best Picture. Either way, he's not overdue in both categories.