LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

Evans can't even get himself in relevant movies. That is the truth. Hemsworth is in a lot of stuff coming out soon.

Because he chose to. He hinted at retirement after his Marvel contract is up. He wants to focus on directing but his plans could change since his first movie was trashed by critics.

Also, this new war of the Chrises is ridiculous, make it stop.

• Like 1

I think this huge breakout of Sniper puts the pessimistic theory aside that the box office is on a permanent regression. If a movie looks appealing to audiences they'll still gonna turn out in droves to it no matter which month it is.

Everyone knew last year's slate was bad and this year would rebound, it's not a surprise

I mean, American Sniper is obviously opening way higher than anyone expected, I'm just talking about the permanent regression nonsense

• Like 4

This year's crop of Best Actor nominees

Keaton aside

Well that's a hard no on Carell and Cooper, and I don't know how you can say that about Redmayne when he's got Jupiter Ascending out in 3 weeks. that looks like prime work.

• Like 2

Hemsworth and Evans are both very good but neither is a particularly big draw. Why am I seeing so much Evans vs Hemsworth stuff recently? And seriously, where is this "Evans is a bigger draw than Hemsworth" thing even coming from? Has Evans ever been in a non-Marvel movie that didn't bomb?

Neither actor is a draw. MARVEL and its AVENGERS universe is what makes people make these films huge hits.

• Like 1

Well that's a hard no on Carell and Cooper, and I don't know how you can say that about Redmayne when he's got Jupiter Ascending out in 3 weeks. that looks like prime work.

Okay, I'll give you Cooper

Redmayne is mostly super uninteresting but he does look amazing in Jupiter Ascending. Hopefully we get more of that and less of My Week With Marilyn/Les Mis/Theory of Everything

• Like 1

Are there two more uninteresting actors you guys could fight about than Chrises Evans and Hemsworth? 

Bland, boring, vanilla actors who play characters that need just that: actors whose acting is done with their granite chins and their rock-hard pecs.

This draw debate is tiring also and people keeps repeating the same stuff.

Casting the good actor in a franchise movie is a science in itself that Marvel obviously conquered.

So even if you are not a big draw outside of your franchise movies, those franchises movies wouldn t work if the actor and the character didn t mesh.

To make a franchise character memorable, you have to get a charismatic, talented actor.

The whole casting of The Avengers is brilliant, Marvel didn t make any mistakes on that front.

Jlaw wasn t cast for Twilight, yet she read the part and Kstew was cast because she fit the character perfectly.

• Like 1