LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

Why? Her movie was a big box office hit too.

Lol you know what I mean.  It was predicted to be an awards/BO juggernaut on here and by industry experts and oscar pundits.  Yeah, AS isn't the frontrunner, but it was nominated for a lot of the big ones.

I don't think it's sad that AS is making money.

What's sad and I haven't seen this yet going by what I know from the story, is this country doesn't do nearly enough to help our soldiers, black, white, hispanic, asian, readjust to society and get the help they need. We need to do more in that regard. Maybe this movie will can help that.

Sadly, this movie makes a big point of that in the end.

I knew nothing about Chris Kyle before going to see the movie, and what happened in the end, totally came out of left field for me. The way the wife was getting all worried about his high blood pressure, I'd figure that was what was going to do him in, never would have dreamed in a million years that he would be killed by one of his own.

I don't understand why people are so surprised that AS did so well. It's a good movie, ticks every checkbox that middle america loves and it was tracking at 50+ million. Sure it overperformed, but it isn't the out of left field mega hit that people are making it out to be. It was always going to open huge and make a shitload of money over its run.  

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 2

I don't understand why people are so surprised that AS did so well. It's a good movie, ticks every checkbox that middle america loves and it was tracking at 50+ million. Sure it overperformed, but it isn't the out of left field mega hit that people are making it out to be. It was always going to open huge and make a shitload of money over its run.

STOP WITH THE FUCKING MIDDLE AMERICA, YALL!

• Like 1

STOP WITH THE FUCKING MIDDLE AMERICA, YALL!

What? It's true. Are you saying Middle America doesn't like these types of movies? You know they lap this up. (And for the record, I'm not hating on the movie. I liked it a lot and I think it's my 3rd favourite out of the BP nominees)

• Like 1

Your right, it was obvious that this was going to the first January 200m grosser ever. Anyone who didnt see this coming a mile away is blind. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Apparently it's doing good in the UK too! So what's your point?

!

i've already said i like the movie , thought it was well directed , way better on all fronts than snoozefest hurt locker

i was just saying that for those complaining about the film success that that's problably one reason why , its got good action and a charismatic lead in bradley cooper plus lots of american can probably related as they may know someone or have  a spouse family member in the army who did multiple services turns in middle east 

What? It's true. Are you saying Middle America doesn't like these types of movies? You know they lap this up. (And for the record, I'm not hating on the movie. I liked it a lot and I think it's my 3rd favourite out of the BP nominees)

See my post on p. 30. Im just sick of the stereotype and tired of seeing someone say it every 2 pages.

• Like 3

i'm curious to see how it does in france giving the current context , there is the fact that bradley cooper speaks french so his fans might check it for sure and he can help promotion wise in that aspect 

hey who has seen WILD is it any good ? its playing at cinema in english and screener not available hmmm

:ph34r:  <_< there is a screener ....

i'm def saving one of my ticketss for TAKEN 3 not a film to watch at home it requires company of friends or a crowd & a big screen to be enjoyed like a good bad wine !

Edited by LadyEvenstar22