LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

re hemsworth, I've talked to more than one person who still couldn't tell you which one is Thor and which one is JLaw's sidepiece in the hunger games.

They are not stars. I do think Blackhat would have opened with 11-13M or so if it wasn't facing American Sniper.

Bradley Cooper is actually a star, Clint Eastwood is a much bigger name than Mann, and the marketing of AS was perfect, while the marketing of BH was crap.

Even in Thor he seems like a side character where the secondary characters and Loki take up the limelight. 

He is not like Iron or the Captain in their films. 

Thor's presence in the first movie is waaay more memorable than Captain America's in TFA. It's definitely the opposite for the sequels though. 

• Like 2

Even in Thor he seems like a side character where the secondary characters and Loki take up the limelight. 

He is not like Iron or the Captain in their films. 

In Thor 2, the biggest reaction came when Chris Evans did a cameo. If that don't tell you something, then nothing will. I will admit, I initally did like Hemsworth. Thought he was great in his opening scene in Star Trek, very good in Thor 1, and I went with some family to see him in the first Huntsman. But by the time The Avengers came around, I realized he was probably the least charismatic out of all the major actors in that movie. Now, I go back to watch Thor 1, and Hiddleston just runs circle around the dude. 

• Like 1

Thor's presence in the first movie is waaay more memorable than Captain America's in TFA. It's definitely the opposite for the sequels though. 

In the Captain films you dont have Loki kind character stealing a lot of the limelight.

I think anyone would agree in Thor 2, if it was not for Loki it be a even more blah film. 

They are not stars. I do think Blackhat would have opened with 11-13M or so if it wasn't facing American Sniper.

Bradley Cooper is actually a star, Clint Eastwood is a much bigger name than Mann, and the marketing of AS was perfect, while the marketing of BH was crap.

They should have just cast Scarlet JoHanson in BlackHat, then it might have had a chance!

• Like 1

In Thor 2, the biggest reaction came when Chris Evans did a cameo. If that don't tell you something, then nothing will.

It doesn't tell anyone anything. If Thor showed up in captain america 2 that would've gotten the biggest reaction. It's an unexpected cameo of a character people like. It's always gonna have the biggest reaction. hardly a fair argument.

• Like 6

It is difficult as RDJ, Evans, Hemsworth and even Ruffalo, Scjo are now becoming defined by their comic book roles. 

Sure Ruffalo, RDJ and Scjo have a lot of other work, however there is no denying ever since they started their respective roles in the Marvel verse, their profile has grown tremendously. 

Like look at ScJo now, she is red hot. 

• Like 1

Your dream movie is Nolan making a movie about the Green Bay Packers. 

Starring Jake Gyllenhaal as Aaron Rodgers, Busta Rhymes as Richard Sherman, Jay Mohr as Roger Goodell, and Matt Damon as Tom Brady.

Yes, it's true. I desperately want this to happen.

• Like 6

Starring Jake Gyllenhaal as Aaron Rodgers, Busta Rhymes as Richard Sherman, Jay Mohr as Roger Goodell, and Matt Damon as Tom Brady.

Yes, it's true. I desperately want this to happen.

Mr. Pink 24 hour schedule on the release of the Greenn Bay movie. 

Thursday IMAX 7:00 PM

Thursday IMAX 10:30 PM

Friday 1:00 AM

Friday LieMax 11:00 AM 

Friday 2:30 PM

Friday 4k 7:00 PM

• Like 1

Yeah Thor was a shit movie made good because of chris Hemsworth. In Thor 2 they made him more serious, and Avengers which imo didn't work as well Edited by jessie

Mr. Pink 24 hour schedule on the release of the Greenn Bay movie. 

Thursday IMAX 7:00 PM

Thursday IMAX 10:30 PM

Friday 1:00 AM

Friday LieMax 11:00 AM 

Friday 2:30 PM

Friday 4k 7:00 PM

Needs to be some 35mm in there somewhere, 70mm too. D-BOX? Probably.

Also, a 2 hour Nolan film? Lol, 2hr 45 minutes minimum.

Edited by MrPink

The IMAX was a 70mm.  I thought i gave you three hours? 

Yeah but I gotta go to the non 70mm IMAX shows like Interstellar. I see some are 3.5 hour blocks, one of them was 2.5 hours though.

Either way, I'm going to experience it in every format possible. Smell-o-vision included.

2015 is a big year

These are my perdictions for the big films

TA2: 218/575 million

Fast 7: 110/257 million 

Jurassic World: 100/260 million 

Spectre: 102/270 million

MJ2: 150/380

SW7: Unsure about opening but final gross around 500 million.

$150m opening for MJ2 but finishes with $380m? Not happening. Even CF held extremely well with the release of Frozen, DoS, etc. 

And your final total for TA2 is too optimistic.

Twitter IndexUpdated: Sun Jan 18 at 02:16PM PSTFilm# Tweets

1American Sniper 108,210

2Unfriended 27,640

3Big Hero 6 23,479

4The Theory of Everything 13,602

5Into the Woods 9,837

6Boyhood 9,736

7Selma 9,462

8Taken 3 7,596

Sniper is huge

Edited by Donald

It doesn't tell anyone anything. If Thor showed up in captain america 2 that would've gotten the biggest reaction. It's an unexpected cameo of a character people like. It's always gonna have the biggest reaction. hardly a fair argument.

Sure it's a fair argument. If not that, then Captain America TWS actually doing better at the BO, both domestically, OS and WW, is all the indication I need that CA/Chris Evans is more of a favorite than Thor/Hemsworth.