LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

If AS gets to atleast #2 of 2014, then thatll mean the top 2 movies of the year, and 3 of the top 4...werent in 3D.

Eh? MJ and AS are both 2D, but GotG and CA2 both were in 3D.

The next biggest 2D only film was, um, 22 Jump Street?

• Like 2

Over Xmas break my brother, 17, said he didnt really care to see AS. I just texted him "American Sniper was pretty good." His reply:

"Yeah Im seeing it later tonight."

WOM already spreading up in here.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

I'll have to see it eventually since it's nominated, but I'm not looking forward to it.

I feel you. I had no intention of seeing it in theaters but curiosity is getting the best of me.

• Like 1

Also, with all the North Korea issues, there has been a huge surge in patriotism all over social media and other places. I think that's playing a huge role in this success.

The terrorist attacks in France probably had more to do with it than North Korea, but yeah.

No words to describe sniper. If it hits 34m saturday that means 35% increase minus previews. That is crazy for a R rated drama that broke out like crazy.

Also disappointing for Selma. it wont gross even 50m now. I remember last week folks were predicting a big increase and now its gonna end up with a meh hold.

Also hobbit 3 will end up as the lowest grosser of the series. It looked promising for it around christmas for it to gross around 270m but now it will end just under 255m.

• Like 1

Just watched Paddington. The entire marketing team should be fired. Really really good movie. Huge lines for American Sniper though. Won't be surprised if it exceeds the high end of expectations today.

I saw Paddington earlier today. Disappointing tbh. The slapstick had me looking at my watch, most of the jokes fell flat and frankly the animation on the bears was straight-up bad.

• Like 1

This isn't aimed at you, but the hypocrisy of many people who say this (*cough*Sasah*cough*) is insane. If the Academy awards the small movie that could they scream that the Academy is out of touch with the people and they should go with something that more people have heard of and if the Academy award the bigger pictures, they then scream that we're neglecting true art and whatnot. Like seriously people, you can't have it both ways. 

Yeah, that's not me lol. I'm typically against the bigger movies (I was for Gravity last year but it was more because I considered it a bigger artistic achievement)

• Like 1

Not a strong year for best picture nominees. I like most of them, a couple of them quite a bit, but I just did my top ten for our awards and none of them were on it. (foxcatcher was though, and I gather that was close to becoming a best picture nominee)

• Like 1

I saw Paddington earlier today. Disappointing tbh. The slapstick had me looking at my watch, most of the jokes fell flat and frankly the animation on the bears was straight-up bad.

408896_original.gif

• Like 3

Not a strong year for best picture nominees. I like most of them, a couple of them quite a bit, but I just did my top ten for our awards and none of them were on it. (foxcatcher was though, and I gather that was close to becoming a best picture nominee)

Noah #1?