grim22

Lost City of Z | Brad Pitt producing | Robert Pattinson, Sienna Miller. Charlie Hunnam replaces Benedict Cumberbatch.

So it's tone is like a 1970s adventure? Apocalypse Now maybe? :wub: this sounds AMAZING! but why push it back to spring 2017? not Oscar material? that doesn't necessarily mean it won't be great, but it does make me slightly skeptical. 

34 minutes ago, Kalo said:

So it's tone is like a 1970s adventure? Apocalypse Now maybe? :wub: this sounds AMAZING! but why push it back to spring 2017? not Oscar material? that doesn't necessarily mean it won't be great, but it does make me slightly skeptical. 

Probably they don't see it as an Oscar player.

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

can charlie hunnam be good in anything? as soon as i hear him talk i'm like "jesus christ no..." he could tell me what time it is and i wouldn't believe him he can't deliver any line ever convincingly. 

His performance has been extremely praised in all the reviews I've seen. And he's great in Sons Of Anarchy, don't know what to tell you. 

3 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

His performance has been extremely praised in all the reviews I've seen. And he's great in Sons Of Anarchy, don't know what to tell you. 

he's bad on that show which is also the worst. 

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 2

This was a year in which Luke Evans, Jai Courtney, Sam Worthington and Luke Bracey all gave surprisingly good and memorable performances in stuff so with any luck Hunnam should follow. Just goes to further show that all these guys aren't inherently bad actors they all just depend heavily on material and direction. Truly hopeless performers like say Taylor Lautner simply don't stick around for long, they aren't able to. 

eh, i'm more indifferent to those actors (though evans i've thought has been pretty good in the past). hunnam just doesn't jive with me i guess i'm just gonna avoid films he has the lead in ever since pacific rim. smaller roles like crimson peak are i guess bearable enough that i can ignore him because i like the rest of that movie so much.

28 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

This was a year in which Luke Evans, Jai Courtney, Sam Worthington and Luke Bracey all gave surprisingly good and memorable performances in stuff so with any luck Hunnam should follow. Just goes to further show that all these guys aren't inherently bad actors they all just depend heavily on material and direction. Truly hopeless performers like say Taylor Lautner simply don't stick around for long, they aren't able to. 

Hopefully the next one that will shock us by proving to not be a bad actor will be Chris Evans.