grim22

Lost City of Z | Brad Pitt producing | Robert Pattinson, Sienna Miller. Charlie Hunnam replaces Benedict Cumberbatch.

18 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

Oh, this isn't the sequel to World War Z.

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Right? Was just gonna come in here and comment what a ridiculous title that was for the sequel. :P

Of course not. It's the prequel. Who do you think lives in the Lost City of Z?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

This was a year in which Luke Evans, Jai Courtney, Sam Worthington and Luke Bracey all gave surprisingly good and memorable performances in stuff so with any luck Hunnam should follow. Just goes to further show that all these guys aren't inherently bad actors they all just depend heavily on material and direction. Truly hopeless performers like say Taylor Lautner simply don't stick around for long, they aren't able to. 

Luke Evans is actually a really good actor, he just gets saddled with mostly lousy roles (although he's perfect for Gaston).

• Like 1

Pattinson is such a dreadful actor I have no idea why "auteurs" still find it "cute" to cast him.

These guys have really low standards.

As usual, he was laughable in this.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Pattinson is such a dreadful actor I have no idea why "auteurs" still find it "cute" to cast him.

He's great in a small role in The Childhood of a Leader.

Was surprised by this film i expected something more modern. The casting was pretty good, Charlie was very strong. First half is a little bit muddied in pacing and writing but picks up and finishes nicely.

I found this film to be very similar to Reds (1981).

Edited by Viceversa
  • Like 3

On 2017-04-14 at 5:36 AM, The Futurist said:

Have to agree, he doesn't seem to understand that when he's playing a character he should try to make them likeable as well as believable. He was so annoying in The Rover, and meh in this.

Have to say this movie was a let down for me. Don't understand the praise for this movie by critics. Nothing about it stood out for me. Was an overwhelmingly okay 6/10.