Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers SB: 56, AS 24.1, JA 19 pg 54

Hey now, just go see it for youself before you knock it (and me). And it wasnt full of fart and poop jokes. Tbh I feel like its something youd appreciate.

Oh who am I kidding, you wouldnt. Maybe if it was on Disney XD...

I'm an old man, dude. I'm not going to go watch a cartoon aimed at 6-year-olds and college kids with fond memories of their preteen years.

• Like 5

Rewatched the Wet Painters and IJLSA episodes of SpongeBob earlier today and they were both hilarious.

The first three seasons of SpongeBob are legitimately some of the best comedy television ever. I still look at the first movie as the perfect way to adapt a television show to the big screen.

The original creator is back for the second movie and Jandrew says it's like a Lord Miller movie. Seriously considering catching it tomorrow night.

• Like 3

That might be my favorite gag on the show, ever.

Yup, it has nothing to do with anything ever shown on the show, has no context, is basically a sight gag and reference not many of the target audience would know, and is never followed up on. It is just there because someone went "Wouldn't it be funny if it was Nosferatu from the 1922 movie?", and it works.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 2

Fun fact about Spongebob. Before he made the show, Stephen Hillbenburg was a writer / director on Rocko's Modern Life. You can obviously see the similarities, as Spongebob has the same kind of crazy energy as that show, only the adult jokes aren't as rampant, though their still there, thankfully. 

In fact a lot of the writers who worked on that show, worked on the three seasons of Spongebob, interestingly enough. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1