Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers SB: 56, AS 24.1, JA 19 pg 54

"The Wrap" just posted a story saying that since Jennifer Lawrence posed nude on the cover of Vanity Fair, she gave up her right to privacy and so the leaked pictures are fair game. This example of ass-backwards circular reasoning comes from one of the top 4 trades in Hollywood. 

• Like 5

The first $100M hit of 2015? Who woulda thought?

50 Shades will probably get there first, sadly. 

$110-125 million 3 day.

SpongeBob 2 will probably be just under $100 million by Sunday. And American Sniper technically did as well (even though BOM considers it 2014) 

"The Wrap" just posted a story saying that since Jennifer Lawrence posed nude on the cover of Vanity Fair, she gave up her right to privacy and so the leaked pictures are fair game. This example of ass-backwards circular reasoning comes from one of the top 4 trades in Hollywood. 

That's pathetic and the "nude" photo is art nude, all the women parts are hidden. And its with a big scary snake.

Lots of other actresses have made nudes for magazines ( Jessica Chastain for her oscar campaign, SCARJO, Keira Knightley and dozens and dozens of actresses) or had nude scenes in their films.

Those actresses didn't abandon their right to privacy either.

This is a completely retarded argument and I can't believe they actually published such an article.

For the Wrap morons : Scarjo wasn't okay with her leaks as well and they got the bastard and he is sitting in jail as we speak.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Yes, which somehow has a big audience. I will never get it.

Classic SpongeBob had intelligent naivety (big oxymoron) and carefree goofiness in spades - the 1999 to 2002 episodes are pure perfection in terms of laughs and good memories. 2002-2004 wasn't quite as good, but then the franchise came back in a big way with the first movie.

SpongeBob is the kid equivalent to The Simpsons... it also included plenty of references only teens/adults would get (Nosferatu! Happy Leif Ericson Day!, etc). Nowadays, the show is just nonsense with over-the-top characterizations (listen to how calm SpongeBob is from 1999-2004 and then listen to how manic he has been post-2004) and a lack of biting wit. 

1999-2004 is the golden era, but if all you grew up with was post-2004 episodes, then I can understand why you would hate the show. It'd be akin to starting Simpsons from 1998 on and having never seen the pre-1998 episodes. Or starting to watch Scooby-Doo by viewing the ones with Scrappy before the originals. 

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 1

I will never understand why certain people can't grasp the simple concept of consent when it comes to nudity and sex.

• Like 4

I will never understand why certain people can't grasp the simple concept of consent when it comes to nudity and sex.

6 yo children can grasp that concept.

To me it seems like a " click bitch" article to generate false "controversy" over an actress that generates clicks thanks to search engines.

So Sniper should drop by about 30%, maybe less.  Talk of it's demise is premature....funny, I seem to recall someone saying that last weekend.

Seventh Son has another character where Bridges talks like he has been gargling salt and semen all day.

Spongebob, I have nothing to say.

JA, will be another epic bomb for the Wachowski's.  Too bad.

• Like 3

God, I used to imagine 2015 being that golden age of cinema, where we would live in a perfect world where every movie is a billion dollar hit and Mahnamahna's predictions all come true.

That's a bit of a hyperbole but I wasn't expecting practically every 2015 release to disappoint :(

• Like 3