Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers SB: 56, AS 24.1, JA 19 pg 54

The Chateau sequence in the Matrix Reloaded is a ton of fun. One of my favorites from the trilogy. Despite never really liking Reloaded all that much (I don't dislike it either, it's OK) I always tune in for that.

I really hope you guys give Spongebob a chance. Its not like trailers suggested. I have a feeling Lord and Miller ghost directed it. It was full of meta humor, puns, 4th wall, and a few scenes were reminiscent of when Schmidt and Jenko tripped balls in 22JS. There was enough for adults.

The whole superhero bit

lasts about 10 or so minutes and theyre only CGI about 20. Theres Kubrick, Shining, and Mad Max-esque references, and an interesting space dolphin

The animated scenes were hilarious and had very smart writing like the toon in its heyday. Seriosuly, go get baked (or not), and check it out. If you liked Sinpsons Movie or 22JS, youll like this. Its not kiddy like it looks.

Hope its breaks $40M. Legs will be great. Thank you Nickelodeon for not taking a dump on this like Sony did with my precious Spiderman.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 3

The main issue with Matrix Reloaded is that there's a few sequences where the momentum literally stops dead in its track and the film just flounders around while the Wachowski's indulge in philosophical Nolansition or spend 5 minutes on a completely tangential rave orgy. Trim out some of those worst offenders and the film is pretty engaging and moves along at a strong clip.

Yeah, a fan edit of Reloaded would make a pretty solid movie.  That fucking rave orgy... I still remember the perplexed laughter of people around me in the theater when that shit came on.  Was that supposed to have an uber "progressive" undertone or something? :lol:

• Like 1

I hear he was the justice presiding over the infamous Zong case.

belle-tom-wilkinson.jpg

He ruled that it was legal to kill slaves on a ship you were transporting, just not if you were doing it for an insurance scam

As bad as that sound his decisions really changed things around slavery. 

Let Justice Be Done, Though The Heavens Fall Edited by Lordmandeep

SpongeBob seasons 1-3 is better than anything on Nick right now.

Agreed. The pre-movie episodes are classics that never get old. Some of the newer episodes are good, but as a whole the show definitely took a strange turn in quality after the movie came out. Most of which can be blamed on the changing writers. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

I'm about to disown Jandrew.

Hey now, just go see it for youself before you knock it (and me). And it wasnt full of fart and poop jokes. Tbh I feel like its something youd appreciate.

Oh who am I kidding, you wouldnt. Maybe if it was on Disney XD...

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 2

God, I used to imagine 2015 being that golden age of cinema, where we would live in a perfect world where every movie is a billion dollar hit and Mahnamahna's predictions all come true.

That's a bit of a hyperbole but I wasn't expecting practically every 2015 release to disappoint :(

You mean, like the second half of 2014?

Edit - Ah, late 2014. It was the anti- Lake Wobegone. Every child was below average.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1

Some of the visual effects, and really more than that, the visual design of JA was great. But the story itself... It felt like they spent the middle third of the movie building up a world for sequels that will never happen. And the parts where something actually happens werent that great either. I suggest seeing SB instead.

• Like 2