CJohn

Paddington 2 | 12 JAN 2018 | Warner Bros. Snags US Rights - Still on for the 12th.

47 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think God has more serous things to worry about....

You'd be surprised how many small things he handles. He's mighty enough to handle everything. By everything, I mean everything. According to the Bible, God is the creator of the universe; he's an artist, a sculptor, a visionary, a king... he's so much more than someone that only handles the 'important stuff'.

And the success of this film could be a very serious thing for people who worked on it, as well as for the future of film. We don't know the ins and outs. But God does!

17 minutes ago, slambros said:

You'd be surprised how many small things he handles. He's mighty enough to handle everything. By everything, I mean everything. According to the Bible, God is the creator of the universe; he's an artist, a sculptor, a visionary, a king... he's so much more than someone that only handles the 'important stuff'.

And the success of this film could be a very serious thing for people who worked on it, as well as for the future of film. We don't know the ins and outs. But God does!

Amen :) 

• Like 1

Glad to see WB got the rights, but I still think they're facing an uphill battle. Has ANY live-action family sequel grossed more than its predecessor? Add in the fact that they have only 2 months to advertise it (would it even be possible for them to get a trailer out in time for Coco?), and I just keep getting "Babe 2" vibes. Meaning the movie will be great, but I don't know how well it will do financially. 

On 11/6/2017 at 8:09 AM, Arlborn said:

Wow, I really ought to watch the first one some time soon! This flew under my radar back then.

Just finished watching it, and if you've ever wanted to see Nicole Kidman as a psychotic taxidermist, this is the film for you.

Outside of that, the rest of the film's super delightful. It's one of the rare kids films that come out nowadays that makes me feel like a kid again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just got back from this and that 100% RT score is well deserved.

Such a charming and funny movie that all ages can enjoy.

The end credits scene is hilareous.

I'm going to look forward to its tracking US BO run, should do really well.

• Like 2

So, I'm guessing we won't see a full U.S. trailer until Ferdinand, which gives them basically a month to advertise this movie. I adored the first movie, and am highly anticipating this one. But WB needs to really up their game if they want this to do well domestically. 

9 minutes ago, Blipsy said:

So, I'm guessing we won't see a full U.S. trailer until Ferdinand, which gives them basically a month to advertise this movie. I adored the first movie, and am highly anticipating this one. But WB needs to really up their game if they want this to do well domestically. 

Um, isn't the trailer posted above you for DOM audiences? 

Edited by MovieMan89

38 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Um, isn't the trailer posted above you for DOM audiences? 

That's the same teaser that came out months ago, just with the Weinstein logo switched out for the Warner logo. And it's a cute enough teaser, but I don't know if it's enough to really get the average movie-goer excited when it shows so little, and the release date is so close.