CJohn

Paddington 2 | 12 JAN 2018 | Warner Bros. Snags US Rights - Still on for the 12th.

I'm not quite as enthralled with the first one as much as everyone else seems to be, but there've been many cases recently where I've enjoyed a sequel a lot more than the original. Hoping this is one of them.

Edited by tribefan695

3 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I'm not quite as enthralled with the first one as much as everyone else seems to be, but there've been many cases recently where I've enjoyed a sequel a lot more than the original. Hoping this is one of them.

@Just Tele hated the first movie thereby proving he hates anything which is joyful and sincere.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

I maintain that the scene they used in the teaser where he stuck toothbrushes in his ear and tried to eat the wax was just as awful in full context as it looked in the trailer.

What? That scene was great! That’s the kind of scene that has kids, parents and grandparents thoroughly entertained. As a matter of fact you could probably use that sentence to describe pretty much the whole first movie and its sequel as well.

When that teaser came out I vividly recall it making a lot of people here think it would be just as bad as the usual CGI/LA hybrid kids movie and wish for it to fail. It laid the seeds for the utter shock that would come when critics came out adoring it.

Edited by tribefan695

The kid’s movie carries a 100% Certified Fresh Rotten Tomatoes score and has already racked up an overseas gross of $125.2M. Thursday previews began at 5PM. Paddington 2 will be in play at 3,702 theaters.

Out of the new stuff, it is expected to be a close call between Warner Bros./StudioCanal’sPaddington 2and Sony/Screen Gems’Proud Marywhich are expected to respectively open to around $22M

18 minutes ago, New Year New Panda said:

The Tomato Law is deader than dead

It was a victim of over-expectations. People thought it was too good to be true to be at 100% so they didn't see the film. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 5
  • Disbelief 1

Paddington2's gross in UK is a huge 55 being it's home market.

Removing US and UK:

P2 75m 

EMOJI 111.5m

But P2 did 31.5 in China while EMOJI did not release.

So without US, UK and China

P2 44.5

Emoji 111.5

Just looking at some of Europe,

Emoji beat P2 in Italy, Switzerland and Spain (huge margin).

While lost in France, Germany (small margin), Sweden, etc.

So there's no intelligent/good/smart region of the world really. We should stop judging countries that way IMO.

Please please please PLEASE everyone go see this movie. Not just to promote good films at the box office even if it's only a ten dollar ticket, but also because this movie will brighten up your day for sure. You're going to leave with a smile on your face and a warm fuzzy feeling in your heart.

• Like 6