Ezen Baklattan

The 3rd Annual BOFFY Ceremony - The Grand Budapest Hotel Dominates!

The Best Horror Movie nomines are, oh fuck it, you all know The Babadook won.

23BABADOOK2-articleLarge.jpg

One of the most over rated films of all time.  This is not a horror movie in the slightest.  It's about as scary as The Running Man.

Now let us award the master actors of this year. The nominees are...

Michael Fassbender

FRANK

Ethan Hawke

BOYHOOD

Edward Norton

BIRDMAN

Mark Ruffalo

FOXCATCHER

J.K. Simmmons

WHIPLASH

And the winner is...

B9GFrYzIQAA2wam.jpg

jk_bg.jpg

One of the best performances of the year, no doubt.

The nominees for Best Actress are...

Emily Blunt

INTO THE WOODS

Marion Cotillard

TWO DAYS, ONE NIGHT

Scarlett Johansson

UNDER THE SKIN

Julianne Moore

STILL ALICE

Rosamund Pike

GONE GIRL

And the Boffy goes to....

gone_girl_38543.jpg

gg_pike.jpg

I guess of all the nominees I'm glad to see her win, but this category is being held in protest by me and Ethan.  Shay should have won.  Period.  There was no better performance this year that hers in FIOS.

• Like 1

The nominees for Best Actor are below. The winner may surprise you.

Ralph Fiennes

THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL

Jake Gyllenhaal

NIGHTCRAWLER

Michael Keaton

BIRDMAN

David Oyelowo

SELMA

Andy Serkis

DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES

And the winner is....

006041de4cb5013c4563431ce1ad02fe.jpg

wes-anderson-grand-budapest-hotel-traile

tumblr_n4754ttiqm1re36q7o1_500.gif

Oh...MY WTF GOD!!  This is laughable.  Better than Keaton and Jake and Oyelowo....just no...no...no.

• Like 1

10. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

9. Guardians of the Galaxy

8. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

7. Selma

6. Gone Girl

5. The LEGO Movie

4. Birdman

3. Boyhood

And the winner is.....

grand-budapest-hotel-poster.jpg

Congratulations to all of the winners and nominees. Thank you all so much for coming out and voting!

whatevergif.gif

I guess of all the nominees I'm glad to see her win, but this category is being held in protest by me and Ethan. Shay should have won. Period. There was no better performance this year that hers in FIOS.

But Marion fucking Cotillard gave the best performance in years in 2D1N

• Like 2

Another tribute for one of the more interesting choices for Best Picture.

captain-america-the-winter-soldier-spoil

o-CAPTAIN-AMERICA-THE-WINTER-SOLDIER-900

3937780-4872594335-Capta.gif

21ba95000b7028c6dda370da31ec5f9d-gif-of-

I knew this was going to be good when I saw that the Russo bros are directing. Anyone who saw 'A Fistful of Paintballs' episode of Community knew they had it in them and it shows because the action in this movie is absolutely fantastic. Great choreography and use of practical effects all round. However, the biggest asset of the film is how it feels so grounded and so small at times amid the insane destruction. The character of Captain America is one of the most fascinating characters I have ever seen on the big screen and it is surprising that, after all this time, I am still shocked and amazed by the things he does. The Winter Soldier brings this out very nicely and I can't wait to see more of their interaction in the future as the final 'battle' between them was so perfect and emotional that I almost cried. Pity there wasn't more of him (the movie is called The Winter Soldier, one would expect him to be in it a bit more)

The cast is so spot on that I shouldn't even have to mention them. I will, however, single out Robert Redford as a newcomer who owns every scene he is in. He literally just has to stand there to look like a boss and it is showcased best in his interactions with the World Government where it is just obvious how inferior they are to him. Too bad he died because I would have loved to see more of the character. Evans, ScarJo, Sam Jackson and Stan also give great performances.

Regarding the plot and the pacing, everything is pretty much perfect in the first 2/3 of the movie, we get a good setup, two great action sequences and some unexpected moments. I really liked how they turned the tables on SHIELD/HYDRA front and how they practically 'rebooted' the organisation. However, in the final act we get a predictable, over-elaborate and too convoluted action sequence (those seem standard nowadays). Maybe it gets better on the second viewing, but it felt somewhat tiring and some of the plot points were hard to follow (like what exactly did Cap have to do on the carrier and why). Also, the Falcon/Grillo fight was kinda shoehorned in there. It was saved in the end by The Winter Soldier himself, it was really interesting seeing him losing it and later saving Cap. I can't wait to see what will they do with him next.

-Darkelf

excellent right up makes me want to watch Winter Soldier again.. well I'm pretty much snowed it.. maybe I will :D

• Like 1

I'm still in shock that she got nommed tbh. Didn't expect the Academy to have such exquisite taste.

I need to see it. I love Marion Cotillard. and have had the upmost respect for her ever since this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGoRNg3qSH0 XD