terrestrial

Weekend Chappie - 13.35M | Focus - 10.01M | 2nd Best Exotic Marigold - 8.54M | Unfinished Business - 4.77M

Mockingjay: Part 1 is pretty underrated here. I think people use the split book excuse to overlook some its more interesting themes.

Mockingjay may have some interesting themes and some good acting, but it suffers from being the first part of a two part saga, and is rather slow.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

To me MJ1 was easily the worst. So forgettable. Captain America: The Winter Soldier was easily my favorite.

The only thing I remember from Sniper is the rubber baby and the super telegraphed ending. At least Mockingjay had Hanging Tree, the ending sequence, and some good performances

• Like 1

The only thing I remember from Sniper is the rubber baby and the super telegraphed ending. At least Mockingjay had Hanging Tree, the ending sequence, and some good performances

Cooper's performance was far better than any performance in MJ1.

• Like 7

You mean how it ended in real life?

• Like 5

Cooper's performance was far better than any performance in MJ1.

Probably, but Cooper's performance is super overrated here. He's pretty by-the-numbers in Sniper. SLP is still his best acting yet. At least MJ1 has PSH and J-Law delivering good as usual.

However, I do think they're both mediocre films so... eh

You mean how it ended in real life?

It ended in real life with a super shady looking guy staring at Chris Kyle's wife and then the wife looking worried while Chris Kyle doesn't notice anything weird going on?

If so, wow, Chris Kyle did live an interesting life.

• Like 1

It ended in real life with a super shady looking guy staring at Chris Kyle's wife and then the wife looking worried while Chris Kyle doesn't notice anything weird going on?

If so, wow, Chris Kyle did live an interesting life.

So you are saying the ending scene was telegraphed by the ending scene? That is a new one.

• Like 2

So you are saying the ending scene was telegraphed by the ending scene? That is a new one.

Telegraphed probably wasn't the right word. Maybe "the ending hit you over the head ridiculously with no subtlety whatsoever."

I don't really want to argue much about Sniper. If you liked it, that's fine. I just can't personally fathom how someone can hate Mockingjay Part 1 (which is the worst of the THG franchise so far, but still pretty good) and love American Sniper.

You liked it, that's fine. I just can't personally fathom how someone can hate Mockingjay Part 1 (which is the worst of the THG franchise so far, but still pretty good) and love American Sniper.

Well AS wasnt boring unlike MJ1 so thats a start.

• Like 2

AS was probably the second most boring BP nominee. I was much more awake during Mockingjay at least

The Imitation Game and Theory of Everything were both worse and more boring I thought.

• Like 2

The Imitation Game and Theory of Everything were both worse and more boring I thought.

Have to disagree. Imitation Game was amazing IMO. To be honest, there wasn't a BP nominee this year that I didn't like; I just liked them to varying degrees.

Still haven't seen Whiplash or Selma tho.

I am waiting until tomorrow to post my celebration  of Mockingjay being passed.

After the MJ1 fanatics came into the GOTG thread for some premature gloating, I feel like doing a victory dance all over that bitch. But I won't. Trolling is for trolls. They know the score.

• Like 4