Plain Old Tele

Tele's 100 Favorite Movies aka "Comfort Food" (complete)

I'm pleased by the lack of animation, YA, and comic book movies here, Tele is a true lover of cinema.

There are a few animated films that are absolutely fantastic :) though I agree about YA and comic book films.

Well, they're better than rom coms, I'll give you that.

Heathen... ;)

FACT: nothing in the world is superior to Notting Hill.

• Like 1

There are a few animated films that are absolutely fantastic :) though I agree about YA and comic book films.

Heathen... ;)

FACT: nothing in the world is superior to Notting Hill.

I love Notting Hill! 

• Like 1

There are many, many, MANY things better than NOTTING HILL. :)

However, WHEN HARRY MET SALLY came close to making my list.

Nope. Literally nothing in the universe is better than Notting Hill. Not even Stellan Skarsgard or winning the lottery.

Nope. Literally nothing in the universe is better than Notting Hill. Not even Stellan Skarsgard or winning the lottery.

I thought you just told me your favorite film was 2001?  :unsure:

• Like 1

FUCK THE INTERNET AGE.

In temple of Doom, The opening sequence where Indy and his friends jump off a plane and miraculously fall without harm into their little boat is 100 times more WTF than that nuke the fridge bullshit.

On the Internet, every bum is a smartass.

clap.gif

Well said friend.

Crystal Skull was not as good as the originals and I still saw it 6X in the theater and own the DVD.  Indiana Jones is awesome whether it's in 1981 or 2008.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 4

The Mona Lisa of horror practical make up effects. What Rob Bottin did on this movie is so amazingly complex that nobody attempted to do better.

He almost went crazy doing this movie, he worked like a madman.

The final form of the creature was more complex that what we see on film but Bottin never managed to match the complexity of the designs on page.

Another Rob Bottin fan....and I thought I was the only one.  The man is brilliant.  Same with Rick Baker and Tom Savini.

• Like 2