kayumanggi

BURNT | 10.30.15 | The Weinstein Company | final domestic gross: $13,651,946

God forbid they try to make SOME money out of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here it is getting the level of marketing that is 99% only given to films with budgets upwards of 50M. Propah big marketing.

I think you're overstating how much marketing it's actually getting.

you live in New York so how would you know the marketing it's getting here in the UK?

The reason I asked about the marketing is not why is it getting any marketing, but why has it getting such a colossal level of marketing? Seems doomed to me.

you live in New York so how would you know the marketing it's getting here in the UK?

The reason I asked about the marketing is not why is it getting any marketing, but why has it getting such a colossal level of marketing? Seems doomed to me.

I'll shut up about marketing. I only live in the biggest market in America. I didn't know it had a colossal marketing campaign over in your parts.

This seems like one of those movies that an actor shot before they were famous that comes years later now that the actor is famous.

Also I see bus ads for this everywhere in London. They use a stock photo of Cooper, and what appears to be one of the default fonts you find on a word processor program, for the title.

• Like 1

Fourteen mainly European markets did $1.7 for Burnt over the weekend. No idea how good this is without knowing which markets. I assume it didn't open in any of the Euro Big Three. In Australia it took $614k. That's actually not so terrible for an English language market. About $8 mil extrapolated to America.

Scroll for the info in the Deadline article: http://deadline.com/2015/10/paranormal-activity-ghost-dimension-witch-hunter-martian-ant-man-hotel-transylvania-international-box-office-results-1201592886/

Fourteen mainly European markets did $1.7 for Burnt over the weekend. No idea how good this is without knowing which markets. I assume it didn't open in any of the Euro Big Three. In Australia it took $614k. That's actually not so terrible for an English language market. About $8 mil extrapolated to America.

Scroll for the info in the Deadline article: http://deadline.com/2015/10/paranormal-activity-ghost-dimension-witch-hunter-martian-ant-man-hotel-transylvania-international-box-office-results-1201592886/

You can see more markets at boxofficemojo. Indeed it did only start in smaller markets.

By the way, BOM is becoming better I see. The International Charts are updated.:)

On Monday, October 26, 2015 1:11:18, RichWS said:

God forbid they try to make SOME money out of it.

It's called cutting your losses. One of the traits of a sucesssful business man is he knows when something is failing,and rather then waste more money in a doomed attempt to save it,just accepts it's a failure and cuts his losses.