Olive

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: Home 54m , GH 34.6m, Insurgent 22.1m, Cind 17.5m (official)

That's great numbers for Home! And completely unexpected if you ask me!

Why would the Friday/Sunday multiple for get hard only get it to 33M. If that estimate holds, I think it could reach 35M...

I'd like to see DWA get back on their feet. Home looks good so I will check it out.

It's really amazing to see WB succeed in having a great year with no major franchises. With Magic Mike, San Andreas, The Man from UNCLE and Mad Max going on their year looks solid, which is unexpected.

Also, if that article is correct, Insurgent will drop the same as Divergent. Nice to see it is not more frontloaded.

• Like 1

I didn't look but did he just post that racist video of that college fraternity?

If so, he should be banned.

iQtb7PpIQBr8K.gif

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 3

Deserved? Have you seen it? It's a naff rip off of Lilo & Stitch. Not only does it have the same plot, similar themes and characters, etc., but it even steals lines of dialogue from Lilo & Stitch. It's films like Home that remind me of why Dreamworks is in the shitter.

are home, lilo and stitch, E.T., and many other movies/stories not just all of the same popular archetype? i'm just happy the public is supporting a kids' movie starring a woman of color, it's important for kids that aren't white to see themselves represented as heroes on the big screen too, and the less flops the better for future representation :)

• Like 2

Yes, it would make you an idiot if you decided to go see it.  

Watch March Madness instead....despite the fact that The Miami Hurricanes did not make the tournament.

People will do as they please. Who the hell are you to judge what a person is to do with their time and money? Especially when you yourself have repeatedly (not just here, but plenty of times before) failed in your obvious, petty attempts at trolling.

Girl_bye.gif

• Like 1

Wow pretty good numbers all around. Home is outgrossing all predictions, Get Hard meeting the higher ones and Insurgent holding surprisingly well, just like Divergent did. Fantastic weekend ahead and the next will be even better.

so if this holds up Home and Get Hard could still hold up decent in April as well since families won't really have another movie(unless you consider Paul Blart 2) and there isn't another comedy until May(Pitch Perfect 2 or Hot Pursuit which I expect PP2 to do better than Hot Pursuit)

Edited by Maxmoser3
  • Like 1

Shit, I'll be the first to admit I can't.  

I don't care either.

Well of course you don't care, you're a Pacific Rim fanboy. You don't need intelligence to enjoy that.

*buys ticket to Pacific Rim 2 midnight show*

so if this holds up Home and Get Hard could still hold up decent in April as well since families won't really have another movie(unless you consider Paul Blart 2) and there isn't another comedy until May(Pitch Perfect 2 or Hot Pursuit which I expect PP2 to do better than Hot Pursuit)

I don't think Hot Pursuit will do well at all. And while Get Hard doesn't have comedy competition, Furious 7 will definitely steal some of its audience. Still, solid hit for WB!
  • Like 1