Olive

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: Home 54m , GH 34.6m, Insurgent 22.1m, Cind 17.5m (official)

Expecting $45 million plus for Get Hard. If it follows Ride Along's pattern, it could earn about $70 million (though Ride Along opened on MLK).

Also, Home should do over $40 million. It probably helped that most families were off for spring break starting on Thursday.

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 1

This is good for Dreamworks Animation, this is their only movie this year afterall, they need this to be a hit or at least not lose money on it as they rebuild their company and brand

• Like 2

If Get Hard follows Ride Alongs multiplier it will have an OD of 24M, which won't happen, but I wouldn't be surprised with 15-16M.

If Home followed Croods it would make 37M Friday. That is definitely not happening, so it's pretty obvious that Thursday previews must have gotten more popular since 2013, or that the numbers were just inflated by different factors.

Still, really really strong numbers.

• Like 1

Why is everyone so sure Home wont get barely above $30M? Its 12:41 eastern time, most matinees havent even started and kids arent out of school for another 2 hours. The day just started on the West coast. Lets gets some Friday estimates before we set things in stone.

• Like 3

Why is everyone so sure Home wont get barely above $30M? Its 12:41 eastern time, most matinees havent even started and kids arent out of school for another 2 hours. The day just started on the West coast. Lets gets some Friday estimates before we set things in stone.

For the weekend, Home will probably end up in the high 30s for the weekend, closer to 40M that anyone would have thought. It's only 9:45AM here, so yeah, there hasn't even been a single showing today yet.
  • Like 1

Home was boosted by Spring Break. I myself got off from school on Thursday, so it makes sense why families would go out and see a movie that night. Lots of other school districts across the U.S. probably got out yesterday.

Edited by Alpha

It is not expected. All you people were calling $25 and below. If Turbo the talking snail could make it to $30M, K dont know why Home was doubted, dont try to be a revionist now. None of you had faith in Home and many of you eere actually rooting for a flop.

LMAO  Are you sure he was on it?

Seriously, though I saw that thread. I don't know who said what but I saw you in there taking all comers. :lol:

Good number for both movies.

Home was boosted by Spring Break. I myself got off from school on Thursday, so it makes sense why families would go out and see a movie that night. Lots of other school districts across the U.S. probably got out yesterday.

Today's my district's last day of school, and a think the rest of schools in the province are also on break, so I'm presuming that most kids in USA and Canada are on break so Home will definitely get a boost.
  • Like 1

It is not expected. All you people were calling $25 and below. If Turbo the talking snail could make it to $30M, K dont know why Home was doubted, dont try to be a revionist now. None of you had faith in Home and many of you eere actually rooting for a flop.

Cuz of that annoying Sheldon character

But it's a kids movie so what the folks here thought of it didn't really matter

• Like 2

Good preview numbers for both movies. Mid-30s to low-40s opening looks likely. Interested to see whether Cinderella will be hurt by Home actually, Cinderella hasn't acted like a family movie so far in its run.

Cinderella only dropped 48% on it's second weekend, which is slightly lower then Maleficent 50% drop and that was released during the summer. I think it's acting like a family film just fine, plus it's budget is only 90m, which means it's probably already made a profit for Disney.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1