Olive

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: Home 54m , GH 34.6m, Insurgent 22.1m, Cind 17.5m (official)

Yep, I'm sure a movie starring Kevin Hart, a beloved black comedian who has become a modern icon in the African American community, is going to only attract racist white people. Good argument. 

It will attract idiotic people of all races.

It will attract idiotic people of all races.

So if me and my girlfriend see this movie tomorrow, we automatically are idiotic, disregarding every other element of our tastes and personality? Gotcha. Glad to know- my life needed reevaluation anyway.

• Like 2

You know, there are smart people who just happen to love stupid Will Ferrell comedies too. Trying to draw a correlation between audience intelligence and critically-lambasted movies is pointless. People like what they like, and it doesn't necessarily have anything to do with intelligence, mental capacity, being a "bottom feeder", liking nothing but trash, and all these other ridiculous stereotypes.

Very true. There are many highly intelligent people who don't see film in general as a real legit art form and just see pics for entertainment. Nothing wrong with that although I dont c it that way. Lots of intellectuals are entertained by ferrel movies. After all, it is just a movie.

• Like 2

So if me and my girlfriend see this movie tomorrow, we automatically are idiotic, disregarding every other element of our tastes and personality? Gotcha. Glad to know- my life needed reevaluation anyway.

Yes, it would make you an idiot if you decided to go see it.  

Watch March Madness instead....despite the fact that The Miami Hurricanes did not make the tournament.

Edited by Ando81
  • Like 1

Dumb, ignorant, offensive films have been storming the box office since the beginning of cinema. This is nothing new, get over it and stop treating audiences like they are automatically stupid, racist or homophobic just because they enjoy a stupid, racist or homophobic film.

• Like 1

I like a few of them myself.  Specifically Stranger Than Fiction and Anchorman.  But anything that has a 34 on Metacritic is for the bottom feeders of society. Sorry, but it just is.

Quiz the people in line to see this opening weekend and ask if them if they can name one of the U.S. Senators from their own state.  You will get very telling results.

Funny thing is I know people like you in real life, extremly arrogant because of how smart they think they are and let me tell you that, at least in my field of work (law and general judicial activities) people like that get their asses kicked by people like me, in both practice and exams. I am known here for having unpopular opinions about movies (read: I like a lot of presumably bad movies). And guess what, I don't need to pretend I like something some idiotic critic likes just to seem smart.

So please, next time think before you type something like that. Also, you know what's even funnier? If you wanna get all moral, your generalization about a certain category of people (those who enjoy some low rated movies) being stupid is actually just as discriminating as the presumed racism you're talking about (which is a ridiculous thing to say anyway considering 'Get Hard' stars a black guy). 

• Like 13

Yes, it wold make you an idiot if you decided to go see it.  

Watch March Madness instead....despite the fact that The Miami Hurricanes did not make the tournament.

I just need some clarification here for personal improvement purposes. Does it make me a temporary idiot, like for the day or for the week, or does it make me a permanent idiot, unable to wash off, even if I am elected as a United States Senator, an idiot? Because I need to weigh the repercussions before I dive into this baby. 

• Like 5

yas home! can't say i wasn't expecting a flop but this is a nice deserved surprise

tumblr_n53m8kfkDj1qi78eho2_250.gif

Deserved? Have you seen it? It's a naff rip off of Lilo & Stitch. Not only does it have the same plot, similar themes and characters, etc., but it even steals lines of dialogue from Lilo & Stitch. It's films like Home that remind me of why Dreamworks is in the shitter.

• Like 2

Does it make me a temporary idiot, like for the day or for the week, or does it make me a permanent idiot, unable to wash off, even if I am elected as a United States Senator, an idiot?

You can't name your own state's senator so how do you expect to become one?

• Like 2

http://deadline.com/2015/03/home-get-hard-will-ferrell-kevin-hart-weekend-box-office-1201400112/

Friday afternoon estimates show DreamWorks Animation’s heartfelt alien story Home from 20th Century Fox ranking No. 1 on Friday with $12.5M and the weekend with $44M-$45M. Warner Bros.’ R-rated Will Ferrell-Kevin Hart comedy Get Hard isn’t too far behind with a Friday haul of $11.75M, however its FSS is expected to come in at $33.5M.

Lionsgate’s Insurgent looks to have a lock on third with $7.5M for Friday and FSS of $24.5M at 3,875 screens, 53% off its opening weekend with a 10-day cume by Sunday of $88.8M.

Disney’s Cinderella is projected to rank fourth with $5.7M Friday and a third weekend of $18.9M

• Like 1

Yep, I'm sure a movie starring Kevin Hart, a beloved black comedian who has become a modern icon in the African American community, is going to only attract racist white people. Good argument. 

I didn't look but did he just post that racist video of that college fraternity?

If so, he should be banned.

• Like 1