CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

The Variety 51-55m is an early safe bet, both matinee numbers and pre sales quite high but also have to take into account most people on holiday so higher day trade factor.

If it wasn't holiday and  the numbers were the same it would be projected to be one of the biggest OD  :P

Yes the only similar films with such high day traffic were IM3 and CF Saturdays recently. 

12 sellouts at my theater today.

The Indian people sure love the Fast and Furious here.

Good Friday has massively boosted the box office today here.

I wonder what would have happened if The Avengers 2 released on Good Friday :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Avengers 2 will destroy any weekend it releases...doesn't need a holiday boost...

Come on $225M...

Yes the only similar films with such high day traffic were IM3 and CF Saturdays recently. 

Today will effectively behave like a Saturday thanks to the holiday, which is also why tomorrow won't show an increase for most movies (and Furious 7 will decline like almost all Easter openings).

• Like 1

The Variety 51-55m is an early safe bet, both matinee numbers and pre sales quite high but also have to take into account most people on holiday so higher day trade factor.

If it wasn't holiday and  the numbers were the same it would be projected to be one of the biggest OD  :P

Translation....pretty much what VG and I were saying.....night business will pick up big time and 60 is in play.

• Like 1

Translation....pretty much what VG and I were saying.....night business will pick up big time and 60 is in play.

My only caution is that unlike other major opening days like lets say Im3 or CF recently, Fast 7 is not playing to huge crowds once you go outside the major cities.

Looking outside Toronto and its busy but not crazy like here. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

My only caution is that unlike other major opening days like lets say Im3 or CF recently, Fast 7 is not playing to huge crowds once you go outside the major cities.

Looking outside Toronto and its busy but not crazy like here. 

I don't buy that.  Sorry dude but when a film is opening to a 55 mill opening day, it's doing big business in a lot of markets.

• Like 3

I don't buy that.  Sorry dude but when a film is opening to a 55 mill opening day, it's doing big business in a lot of markets.

Yes 55 makes sense but lets say 60+ .... not to me.

For example during IM3 and CF opening day you had sell out shows in places like Barrie and Newmarket and similar cities, which is not the case for Fast 7.

The reason is rather the demos are different up there, while here the demos are extremely favourable to a film like Fast 7.

This happen when Fast Six opened as well. My theater and around me were going gangbusters while it was not as busy outside of our area. I was thinking 45+++ but it ended near 40, 

Nevertheless amazing box office, however my analysis over why I am looking at my local theater with a dozen sell outs and not  going crazy with my projections...   :lol:

Edited by Lordmandeep

Deadline updated ww

UPDATE, FRIDAY, 11:30 AM PT: Furious 7 is off to a wildly fast start at the international box office, driving up a cume of $60M in two days. The Universal actioner added 33 offshore markets on Thursday to bring the total to 45. Thursday was worth $43M at 8,407 dates with No. 1s across the board and several records set. First up, that haul is Universal Pictures International’s highest-grossing Thursday ever, blowing past Fast & Furious 6’s $25.5M.

Overseas, the well-reviewed pic that’s helmed by James Wan is going out as Fast & Furious 7. On Thursday, it revved up the biggest opening day of all time in 15 territories including Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, India, Indonesia and the Middle East.

Tracking well ahead of Fast & Furious 6, it is the best debut of any film in the Fast franchise in each territory. And, in 25 territories including such key markets as Australia, Brazil, Germany, Italy and Mexico, it is the studio’s top opening day ever.

F7, which has 18 markets yet to release, will pass the international lifetime of The Fast And The Furious today. The 2001 franchise-starter made $62.9M overseas.

• Like 1

Yes 55 makes sense but lets say 60+ .... not to me.

For example during IM3 and CF opening day you had sell out shows in places like Barrie and Newmarket and similar cities, which is not the case for Fast 7.

The reason is rather the demos are different up there, while here the demos are extremely favourable to a film like Fast 7.

This happen when Fast Six opened as well. My theater and around me were going gangbusters while it was not as busy outside of our area. I was thinking 45+++ but it ended near 40, 

Nevertheless amazing box office, however my analysis over why I am looking at my local theater with a dozen sell outs and not  going crazy with my projections...   :lol:

Yea, but there are about 1000 cities in NA.  I'm willing to be in other "small places" like Mudlick Kentucky and take your pick city in Texas and California are selling out where as they didn't for IM3.

• Like 1

I suspect some bias in this since you think the name sounds stupid. :huh:

Till it isn't a success, we have no reason to believe it won't be given MCU track record.

I mean, the bad trailer and tumultuous production seem like pretty good reasons

• Like 1

Looked at what Fast 6 was being projected for on its OD. The early projection was 37-40M and it ended with 38.3M OD. I guess with franchises it is easier to model how they will perform through the day. Variety was projecting 35-45M  :P

I won't fully buy in until/if Ant-Man becomes a huge success

I swear its always a new movie for Marvel with people wanting them to prove themselves...

First it was CA...then GOTG...now AM...

Just accept the fact that Marvel can release a movie on Pepper Potts going about her life as Stark CEO and it will be a big success...