CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

I mean, the bad trailer and tumultuous production seem like pretty good reasons

True. I think it looks bad, but MCU is such a success that I think it will be. Especially being the first movie after AOU.

• Like 1

True. I think it looks bad, but MCU is such a success that I think it will be. Especially being the first movie after AOU.

I don't know. I don't really buy that. I think people underestimate the individual appeal of the other properties. Certainly there's a synergistic "Marvel effect" to a degree but Ant-Man looks like a real clunker

• Like 4

I suspect some bias in this since you think the name sounds stupid. :huh:

Till it isn't a success, we have no reason to believe it won't be given MCU track record.

Will there nis the fact that all my friends who were excited for GotG months beforehand think just the idea of Ant-Man is stupid.

They're much more excited for Fantastic Four

I don't know. I don't really buy that. I think people underestimate the individual appeal of the other properties. Certainly there's a synergistic "Marvel effect" to a degree but Ant-Man looks like a real clunker

I think it will do around Thor 1 #s domestically. Not sure about WW.

• Like 1

To break 60 million it needs over 45  million day business.

Only the following films have ever done that and the following is truly the great of the greats of opening openers.

DH2 - 47.5 million

TA - 62.5 million

TDKR -45 million

New moon -46 million

THG- 48 million

CF- 45 million

IM3 - 53.5 million

TDK-  48.5 million

TF2 - 45.2 million 

Spider Man 3 - 50 million

DMC - 47 million

Edited by Lordmandeep

You see, this is where people get it wrong. Basically Disney took 3 preexisting franchise, CA and Thor, and IM that Paramount developed, then released TA as their first MCU movie, which was a novelty and was a huge hit and then these franchises became big because of the exposure. GotG is the first movie that was really shaped on the MCU name. So what track record? It is really annoying because Disney does this and when Warner does it people say it's wrong. 

Ant Man has a less attractive premise, seems less family friendly, the trailer was not so good, the ER will be much much worse than for Guardians etc. 

Edited by James
  • Like 1

Oh yes, there will be an Avengers 2 bump.

People have short memories and forgot IM3 made 1.2 billion after the first Avengers.

• Like 1

I swear its always a new movie for Marvel with people wanting them to prove themselves...

First it was CA...then GOTG...now AM...

Just accept the fact that Marvel can release a movie on Pepper Potts going about her life as Stark CEO and it will be a big success...

That sounds more interesting than most of the upcoming MCU films.

But yeah. Marvel can be assumed it will succeed with whatever until it takes a stumble. I doubt Ant-Man will be that stumble.

You see, this is where people get it wrong. Basically Disney took two preexisting franchise, CA and Thor, that Paramount developed, then released TA as their first MCU movie, which was a novelty and was a huge hit and then these franchises became big because of the exposure. GotG is the first movie that was really shaped on the MCU name. So what track record? It is really annoying because Disney does this and when Warner does it people say it's wrong. 

Ant Man has a less attractive premise, seems less family friendly, the trailer was not so good etc.

Iron Man was the only home run Paramount had.

Disney had Avengers, Cap 2 and GotG.

They deserve some credit for stepping things up.