CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

I heard the production budget was $190M, which would mean total budget (including worldwide marketing) would be $350-400M, no?

I get the feeling the production budget might be a bit more. But generally yeah.

is marketing really that expensive ? i know this is marketed everywhere but still sounds like a lot

Yeah, it's fucking expensive.

These are pretty normal numbers for tent poles.

Edited by kowhite

Deadline: UPDATED, Friday, 5:18 PM: More early results have come in for Furious 7 and estimates have risen now. Industry observers are now saying that Friday’s haul could be in the range of $56M to $60M with an upwards of $130M to $138M for the three-day weekend. Whether this will be a front-loaded Friday is yet unknown. If so, it could slink backwards a bit, closer to $130M. Regardless, this is a mash-up monster at the box office. The highest estimate we’ve heard today for F7‘s Easter weekend holiday tank is $145M. More to come as numbers roll in later this evening.
  • Like 1

I get the feeling the production budget might be a bit more. But generally yeah.

Has anyone heard anymore about what kind of insurance payout they would have got?

Has anyone heard anymore about what kind of insurance payout they would have got?

I'd be curious too. I could totally see the insurance company arguing about paying out total budget overruns cause of potential box office impact.

Even though...honestly such arguments feel kinda wrong given the circumstances. But...insurance companies.

3 years ago, Universal was known on this forum to be the king of bombs.

What a turnaround for them.

Yeah, it's impressive. They might be the number 2 studio this year.

is marketing really that expensive ? i know this is marketed everywhere but still sounds like a lot

Yes. Marketing budget is around the same cost as production budget for these big CGIgasm tentpole blockbusters.

I'd be curious too. I could totally see the insurance company arguing about paying out total budget overruns cause of potential box office impact.

Even though...honestly such arguments feel kinda wrong given the circumstances. But...insurance companies.

Yeah, it's impressive. They might be the number 2 studio this year.

def will be numb 2 behind buena vista ofc 

Some big numbers coming from down under too.

All in AUD.

0.3m wednesday previews.

3.3m OD (Thursday)

Friday reported to be going gangbusters.

Tracking for 14m+ and one of the biggest all time OW ever here.

Fantastic results everywhere ATM.

I mean has there ever been a franchise that opened to a then great 40 million and by the seventh film made close to what the original made in its entire run?

Bond? ;)

• Like 2