MovieGuyKyle17

Weekend Estimates: Age of Adaline - 13.4M; Furious 7 - 18.3M; Ex Machina - 5.4M | Avengers - 201.2M OS OW (55% markets)

I literally have not seen one Avengers advert, its weird actually.

Why advertise in a well established market you know the film is going to do well, they probably spent the money in other places like China

• Like 1

I believe it has grown from the opening weekend from the last Avengers, the first one had a $18mil OW didn't it?.

According to BOM it was 26M

Edited by tree - we're home

Why advertise in a well established market you know the film is going to do well, they probably spent the money in other places like China

All big films usually advertise whether they 'need' to or not. Star Wars 7 will probably be one of the most anticipated films ever by release time but you can be guaranteed they will still be advertising the thing everywhere.

• Like 1

Exchange rates plain and simple.

Still only increased by less than £1.5M (9%). Adjusted for inflation it has not increased at all. AoU OW is exactly the same as TA1 OW adjusted, that suggests no growth to me.

Edited by tree - we're home

Still only increased by less than £1.5M (9%). Adjusted for inflation it has not increased at all. AoU OW is exactly the same as TA1 OW adjusted, that suggests no growth to me.

Hence why I said non expanding markets. There had to be a cap on growth somewhere.

Considering that we are talking possibilities of a domestic decrease I don't see how a 9% increase is a problem - beats a decrease.

Domestic decrease for its total (as it will do in most countries i'm sure) but not for its opening weekend, although it could decrease OW to be fair.

Hence why I said non expanding markets. There had to be a cap on growth somewhere.

You don't live in the UK, why do you think you have a sense of how the brand's power has increased? I am telling you that the Avengers has become much more popular, which is why a 0% increase in OW is worrying. In fact, it may be a decrease since ticket prices for the triple bill that many saw on opening night were much more expensive than any ticket for opening night first Avengers.

Domestic decrease for its total (as it will do in most countries i'm sure) but not for its opening weekend, although it could decrease OW to be fair.

Yes - I don't think OW will decrease but it needs to be discussed.