Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

I remember when the first projections for Transformers:Revenge of the Fallen were announced. I don't recall that number, but it was way off from the actual $62 million it made on Wednesday and people were ecstatic, because it was an expected number after all.

I expect this movie to do the same. To explode in night business. The kids are finally out, Friday night, boxing tomorrow (people might skip movie to go today, like I am)

I will still not be surprised if it breaks $100 million.

But one thing is for sure, it will break opening day record.

100M in OD is possible.

Yup! Most people on this board would prefer that number would not happen though. I'd love to see 100m OD, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

Edited by Fancyarcher

Even if it hits 200 (and/or the record), that's gotta be a bit awkward DIsney, especially allowing all those articles to go out stating the range was more like 215-230.

catching fire survived the 185/950 articles just fine this will too

Ok....I guarantee this movie will break the opening day record set by Harry Potter despite these early projections are showing.

Yes, I was off in previews number.

Yes, I may be off in opening day prediction number.

The opening day record and single day is another matter. This movie should and will break that number.

I have a 7pm showing at Regal Pointe Orlando Stadium, IMAX 3D. I'm getting ready to go.

and i think the record gets broken again by perhaps both bat andsupes and sws

I remember when the first projections for Transformers:Revenge of the Fallen were announced. I don't recall that number, but it was way off from the actual $62 million it made on Wednesday and people were ecstatic, because it was an expected number after all.

I expect this movie to do the same. To explode in night business. The kids are finally out, Friday night, boxing tomorrow (people might skip movie to go today, like I am)

I will still not be surprised if it breaks $100 million.

But one thing is for sure, it will break opening day record.

Aren't you a constant one?

Even if it hits 200 (and/or the record), that's gotta be a bit awkward DIsney, especially allowing all those articles to go out stating the range was more like 215-230.

It's not like they can control what the other studios say. I believe one of the rival studio executives (who was pumping a record opening number) said even if it's $190m, how can that possibly be a bad thing?

The worst that I've seen is Paramount with IM2. They spouted off to Nikki that they were pretty sure it would hit $150m and it came up more than $20m short of that.

I don't know, it tells me, that Disney is pretty sure right now, that it's passing the 200m mark easily, otherwise they wouldn't go public that early...

It'll be okay for Disney, when Star Wars makes 250M OW

You can't remove the music. Try to use soundbites where there's no underlying music (rare), or just go for reaction shots (with no lipflap) and build your own sound effects and soundtrack.

I GET IT OKAY 

(:P Thanks! :D )

• Like 1

Disney isn't North Korea, they don't control the media.  And the media tend to be sensationalist, which makes sense.  Which draws more eyes, an article predicting a big opening or a *record* opening?

Edited by FlipsLikeAPancake

I wouldn't be surprised if Jurassic World and SW7 have midnight only releases since the directors might prefer it that way since it feels more traditional 

lol ya I'm sure Disney will leave millions on the table for Star Wars so it feels "more traditional"

• Like 1

Breaking the OD record is certainly possible (and might even be likely).... but it's not certain.

Especially at 2pm Pacific when evening shows have barely even started. They could be record breaking evening and night shows or they may be less than expected, right now it is all one major crapshoot.

• Like 1

Studios generally low-ball the numbers. The fact that Disney is talking about a record OW says they're very confident.

They do, but Disney allowed the buzz to get out about a record-shattering opening, anywhere from 215-230. Doesn't really matter if rival studios or Disney whispered those tracking numbers to Variety... if it's the rival studios, then Disney let themselves get outplayed a bit.