Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Just back from seeing AOU again... this time in IMAX.

about 80%+ full and the crowd seemed to really like it.

I've decided I love it and it might be my favorite Marvel movie.

Trailers... Blankments look away

My 12 year old complained about a superman trailer at a Marvel movie... he'll fit in here fine some day.

JW looks good.

F4 looked interesting.

Star Wars teaser in IMAX.....

wet-pants-3.jpg

Edited by AndyLL
  • Like 5

Probably a 65M Saturday and a 45M Sunday, or if they are estimating it holding like Avengers, then 61M and 49M.

What is the percentage increase for sat and drop for sun?

so TA2 is even now more front loaded than TA as expected?

________TA_____TA2

Thu          18.7        27.6

Fri            62.1        56.9    

Sat           69.6        63.0

Sun          57.0          ?

He was good. :lol: Having his new character show up seemed pretty random to me, but I gather from my comic peeps that he's an important dude.

IDK, I'm not a comic geek but despite being barely in it, he managed to be the best part of the movie for me :P

ya ive never been a boxing fan and after that im still not. "fight of the century?" both guys are perfectly fine after it, smiling, chilling with their peeps...i dont get it, if that was supposed to be the pinnacle of boxing today, was a freakin borefest. i see better fights after the bars close every weekend.

Shit, I've seen better fights from cheerleaders at a highschool football game. Them bitches are vicious!

So this fight cost AOU around 5M at the box office this weekend, but Disney will fix this by tomorrow morning..

grinch-3.gif

15M actually. According to Shawn, the Disney estimate today morning was around 210M which was the same number Boxoffice.com reported.

65M would be a 16% increase over Saturday, 45M would be a similar drop to IM3 on Sunday.

Over Fri? That doesn't seem like a bad increase, expectations and agendas aside. Thanks grim.

Edited by Ecstasy

No school on Mondays during Summer.

Dead Man's Chest -20%

DH2 -16%

Sub-10% is impressive any time of year for a $100m+ opener

Even Transformers 3 only got -11% with a Wednesday opening and Fourth of July.

I went to the Arclight Sherman Oaks tonight. It was busy, but not significantly so. Seemed like a pretty typical Saturday night, no major lines (not even for concessions).

yeah I think number going to be coming down, the EC held up alright and also Canada not down much at all on Fri, middle Am looking to be a mix of ok-big drop and looks like WC is atm taking a pounding 

• Like 9

I just wasted 100 dollars. In the middle of the fight a friend texted me a link to where I could watch the fight for free. Should've went to see the avengers instead.

Yay piracy

At least go to a sports bar...

• Like 1