Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

PS I know I was ambiguous in here, but if you haven't looked in the Age of Ultron thread, I liked AOU very much! No dissapointment over here.

It does kind of hurt the argument that people make about these films having no stakes and there being no real danger. Clearly, someone who is an adult thought that there was real danger. The general audience doesn't have as much knowledge as we do, so they can go into movies without knowing what will happen next. I think some people (not talking about you) forget that when they say things like there is no stakes to these movies (again NOT talking about you).

Yes I agree we're spoiled because we already know all the release dates 10 years out, how movies movies actors have left on their contracts, what's filming, what's planned, etc. That's why I wish Marvel would stop revealing everything. So its a surprise for us too. Like actor contracts, we really don't need to know that. That's just me though.

was your showing filled with old grannies?

Not sure what this is supposed to imply, but no. It couldn't get anymore diverse, but the oldest it got was some 50-60 years old.

It may come as a shock to you guys, but there are still plenty of people, including millenials, that don't know you can watch trailers on Youtube. And alot of the ones that do know, don't watch. Trailers still get a bulk of the view and surprise in the theaters and with tv spots/superbowl. 

• Like 4

Yes I agree we're spoiled because we already know all the release dates 10 years out, how movies movies actors have left on their contracts, what's filming, what's planned, etc. That's why I wish Marvel would stop revealing everything. So its a surprise for us too. Like actor contracts, we really don't need to know that. That's just me though.

That's a fair point. However, we also look in the exact places where we know we can find some of that information. It's a combination of them telling us a lot about their future plans, but also us needing to know everything in detail.

Please people have a thought for Tele right now, the man could be on life support as we speak ...

Joking...see Mad Max thread.

Edited by The Futurist

HP midnights or this OD/OW. Which goes first? Hmmmm.

HP midnights will only be beaten by inflation.

I think SW will break one of the other records... even in December.

Please people have a thought for Tele right now, the man could bee on life support as we speak ...

Joking...see Mad Max thread.

Joking?

He might be having an aneurysm right now, that's nothing to joke about!

DH2 made 43.5M at midnight while rest of proper Friday it only made 47M+ so yeah noway you can be certain it gets anywhere near 100M even with 7 PM previews. It was mother of lord frontloaded, no two ways about it. 

If I didn't have my sig this would be it.

If its 97mil Disney will fudge to 100 i suspect

Why? They've not fudged the numbers to break some arbitrary geeky box office record for a film before. Why start now?