Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

I'm up now and quite shocked that Rth would tell us this yesterday, only to come in a lot lower than it should've.. So many people put a lot of faith in Rth who probably doesn't know the numbers any better than anyone else.. Either way, congrats to DH2 for holding onto the the OD record..

Come on now. Rth does this as a courtesy. You wouldn't be saying this if it was a 110M OD would you?

Could Katniss and friends now do what Tony Stark couldn't? I think there's a reason they're going for 3D here.

OH SHIT

Somehow I didn't think of this... that weekend is gonna be interesting as long as the trailer's out by Jurassic World

They wish.

But I'm not averse to some Blunt magic.

After Dame, the next in line is "Kate the great" Winslet.

I honestly don't think I've seen Kate in a movie in the last half-decade that wasn't part of the detergent series. It's a shame, I do like her but y'know, when she's good she's great and when she's bad it's  :unsure:

It's certainly a long shot, but I think the finale factor could give it another push.

Also, given the competition, I think big drops are a given.  :unsure:

The best thing about the upcoming big movies is that apparently my school is going to continue the $3 midnight premieres

Meaning I get to see Mockingjay, Batman v Superman, and Civil War for $3

#FuckYeah #BrokeCollegeStudent

• Like 2

Yeah people are ridiculously quick to assume this will have "bad legs"

The first film had amazing reviews, almost universally liked and was the first film yet it only had 3x legs. The fact that this is a sequel means its almost bound to have worse legs than the first, combine that with much worse reviews and possibly mixed WOM, and 2.5 legs probably won't be far from the truth for this.

• Like 2

The first film had amazing reviews, almost universally liked and was the first film yet it only had 3x legs. The fact that this is a sequel means its almost bound to have worse legs than the first, combine that with much worse reviews and possibly mixed WOM, and 2.5 legs probably won't be far from the truth for this.

Pirates 2 had shit reviews and had a 3 multiplier

• Like 1

But he doesn't know any of this better than anyone else and to come in THAT low in difference compared to yesterday is a bit baffling.. 10-15M difference is quite a bit Tele.. From this point on, I'm just not going to put a lot of stock in this guy like others appear to..

That is rubbish and you know it. Youre upset so its understandable. But dont blame RTH. He has been a blessing for this forum. He is 90% on the money compared to all other insiders. That goes for everyone else. Shame on you all who are saying or thinking the same thing. As neo said you wouldnt be saying it if the OD record was broken.

• Like 2

I honestly don't think I've seen Kate in a movie in the last half-decade that wasn't part of the detergent series. It's a shame, I do like her but y'know, when she's good she's great and when she's bad it's :unsure:

I know, such a great shame.

She'll be in the new Steve Jobs movie so there's hope there.

That is rubbish and you know it. Youre upset so its understandable. But dont blame RTH. He has been a blessing for this forum. He is 90% on the money compared to all other insiders. That goes for everyone else. Shame on you all who are saying or thinking the same thing. As neo said you wouldnt be saying it if the OD record was broken.

Also, Rth was off by literally 5% in his modeling. The numbers were so big that 5% made a 4.5M difference.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 5

I always love it when someone's club wins and they basically come back with a suck it, shows a real maturity.

I mean you're talking to James; the guy who reviews a movie off a trailer, and then when he actually sees it, makes sure to give it the same grade

• Like 2

Looking over this thread's earlier pages, I'm really curious how December's gonna turn out. The only one rooting against that movie is James, lol

#1 grosser domestically, takes most (maybe all?) the December related records but doesn't come close to stuff like Avengers, Potter or Batman's opening records because... December.

• Like 1

Your condition to believe that, but as far as I'm concerned, I won't believe another number he puts out til FOX News is reporting it on the Monday morning news.. Sorry, but fool me once, shame on you and you know the rest..

I feel bad for you now BKB, you have hardly put up a fight over all this. I hope you're not really down man, its all pointless bullshit really.

• Founder / Operator

I didn't realize that you were the one who was writing the weekend updates for BoxOffice.com . They don't list an author. I think that's great. Also, I am glad that you explained why you are still predicting around a $200M OW.

No problem. Yeah, I usually write the Saturday updates. With occasional exceptions, we try to stay close to what the studios are saying (especially for big movies). It's a good way to maintain positive relationships with them. :)

Welcome home.

werehome.gif

• Like 7