Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Well unlike TA

It wont dominate conversation for an entire month with movie gong publc. 

I doubt we will be hearing kids yell "hulk Smash" all summer this time around. 

Wanted to Say, Canada did not slack.

According to RTH Saturday was down only 15% from Fri+ Previews. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

I guess that 10 page argument I had with Neo and others about whether the fight would have an impact turned out to be merely annoying and boring instead of completely pointless and stupid. I've messed up enough in the past year to celebrate that I finally picked the right cause to champion, even if it was a mind-boggling lame fight.

Nah, I was saying it was uncertain while you were saying it was a lock. In this case it played a part, but at the time you couldn't have been certain. So... lol lol

This franchise fatigue idea just doesn't hold up when you analyze the facts. However, people want Marvel to fail so badly that they will just invent anything so they can argue that Marvel is failing.

Lets look at the domestic adjusted grosses since Disney purchased Marvel at the end of 2009:

Iron Man 2 (2010) - $319.1M

Thor (2011)- 182.4M (it looks like superhero fatigue from IM2 to Thor)

Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)- $180.6M (uh oh, even more fatigue; superheroes are over)

The Avengers (2012)- $623.3M (whoa, surprise come back for superhero films)

Iron Man 3 (2013)- $396.3M (uh oh, fatigue is setting in again)

Thor: The Dark World (2011)- $200.8M (whoa, huge drop from IM3)

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)- $253.2M (improvement from Thor: TDW)

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)- $334.3M (big increase from CA:TWS)

The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)- 2nd Largest OW ever

Age of Ultron is going to be the 2nd highest grossing domestic movie on this list. It is going to gross more than GOTG. There clearly isn't any superhero fatigue. The novelty factor is over with, but the Marvel superhero movies are not showing any level of fatigue.

• Like 2

Lets look at the domestic adjusted grosses since Disney purchased Marvel at the end of 2009:

Iron Man 2 (2010) - $319.1M

Thor (2011)- 182.4M (it looks like superhero fatigue from IM2 to Thor)

Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)- $180.6M (uh oh, even more fatigue; superheroes are over)

The Avengers (2012)- $623.3M (whoa, surprise come back for superhero films)

Iron Man 3 (2013)- $396.3M (uh oh, fatigue is setting in again)

Thor: The Dark World (2011)- $200.8M (whoa, huge drop from IM3)

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)- $253.2M (improvement from Thor: TDW)

Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)- $334.3M (big increase from CA:TWS)

The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)- 2nd Largest OW ever

That list makes me realize that Thor has never been all that popular DOM. :lol:

I love how the crazy love people have for Winter Soldier make them put the Russos on a pedestal.

I ll wait for Civil War to do that.

Edited by The Futurist

I love how the crazy love people have for Winter Soldier make them put the Russos on a pedestal.

I ll wait dor Civil War to do that.

People love TWS because it was so different from all those other MCU movies. Thriller! Also the badass action scenes. B)

• Like 1

So my brief skimming of this thread indicates that Avengers 2 OW and Mayweather/Pacquiao share one thing: Performance not matching the hype

And they both made a shit load of money

• Like 3

People love TWS because it was so different from all those other MCU movies. Thriller! Also the badass action scenes. B)

I agree with all of this but we ll see how they handle Civil War.

This. TWS was that sleek thriller-action movie that will get you glued through the end. And GOTG is that feel-good summer movie that no one can resist to laugh and sing along and gush about. The top Marvel movies imo along with The Avengers.

I agree with all of this but we ll see how they handle Civil War.

I think it might be weak like AOU.

Too many characters, the winter soldier side plot will kill the movie.

I think it might be weak like AOU.

Too many characters, the winter soldier side plot will kill the movie.

I hope to god they don't drop the Bucky plot just to focus on Civil War. That would really suck. :(