Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

It is VERY disappointing. A movie with 20 Avengers characters only opened 13m more than a movie with JUST Iron Man. This is pretty ridiculous. :ph34r:

Because most people saw IM3 as a DIRECT sequel to TA.

So you're saying there might be some fatigue going on?

SH fatigue? Of course.

Ehhh... it followed Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy. Both massively popular. Not buying that one, sorry.

This. Given how so very well-received both those films are (especially Cap2), with both being called the "best Marvel film" at one point or another, AOU had plenty of good will to work with.

• Like 2

Never listening to or letting any of you convince me of numbers anymore. My BSG is already thrrown out of whack. Next time Im not feeling the hype, im not feelig the hype. Nobody beleives in Max > Mad Max but im sticking too it now.

This also shows previews dont really mean anythinng for the weekend total. They do nothing but skew everything.

Mad Max are not going be big. I thought i was strange I never saw any TV spots for Avengers.  I don't watch too much TV put I only saw the Audi Avengers TV spot.Rarely I saw a TV spot during the NHL playoffs. 

187 OW a disaster and all this nonsense about dropping like a rock? Some people on this board are fucking stupid. There's no reason to be that ignorant. Saw one post 'claiming' TDKR sold more tickets this OW. HAHAHA. Don't start.

• Like 1

Oh boy.

Disney expecting #Ultron to catch some lost SAT biz today. Projecting 20% SUN dip. If larger, wknd will be about $180M.

— Gitesh Pandya (@giteshpandya) May 3, 2015

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Disney is usually good with those right? I don't expect much change from estimates.

I don't agree, too many characters can have the reverse effect.

More doesn't always mean better.

True. I have to say this. I really love the first Iron Man movie. It really holds up. I rewatch it more than the Avengers.

I love the story, origin, performances, humor, and locations. Iron Man breaking out the cave is still one of my favorite scenes ever in a superhero movie.

Edited by Mojoguy
  • Like 1

Oh boy.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And THAT will make me very happy because my official revised number is at $178 million (after Friday's estimate) . Come on! you can do it... :ph34r: