Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Midnight showings were for the diehard fans. There's nothing better during a film's release than being in a room full of fans that are just as excited as you are.

• Like 3

Can tell this Potter thing is going to be a major theme this weekend

We need a few more Nolanites to complain about 3D and ticket sales. That'll tie the whole thread together

• Like 3

Midnight showings were for the diehard fans. There's nothing better during a film's release than being in a room full of fans that are just as excited as you are.

Amazing how you make sense today compared to last night ;)

We need a few more Nolanites to complain about 3D and ticket sales. That'll tie the whole thread together

not exactly nolanite but catching fire would have done like 180/470 with 3d

lwl5_zps00d4e00d.gif

Edited by water

Guys, come on. Let's be realistic. There is no way it's gonna do less than $90m with an extra 5 hours of showings when its predecessor did $80m in 24 hours. 

Why are you riding on that 5 hour-stuff?

It's just viewing a preview 5 hours earlier, while at midnight, the lights go out nowadays.

It wouldn't make a (big) difference, if it opened at midnight.

The fact, that Avengers beats Potters (midnight adjusted) Friday by 15m, leads me to the question, where the big help of those 5 "extra" hours is measurable.

While ignoring the huge Imax numbers Nolan films have with $20 Imax ticket prices.

These fanboy wars are like a viscous circle. :D

Why are you riding on that 5 hour-stuff?

It's just viewing a preview 5 hours earlier, while at midnight, the lights go out nowadays.

It wouldn't make a (big) difference, if it opened at midnight.

The fact, that Avengers beats Potters (midnight adjusted) Friday by 15m, leads me to the question, where the big help of those 5 "extra" hours is measurable.

Huh?

I agree with Poseidon. Midnights were bigger events and would more consistently do well and break records than the late night showings we have now. I think best case scenario, the late night showings match midnights.

? If that holds, and thats a big if, it only shows some big signs of being frontloaded. 200M is far from locked.

I dont think so. Sat drop and sun says much much more

• Like 1