Noctis

MONDAY ACTUALS: AGE OF ULTRON - 13.23M (Normal -74% Drop)

10M Thursday sounds way too high Ed.

Just looking at SPidey 3, Avengers, and IM3, it looks like Thursday will be in the 8M range.

8M?

Alright well it's not making 85M+ this weekend with an 8M Thursday.

Lol remember when ROTK was the 2nd film to cross a billion and how much of a big deal that was?  1 billion is such a mild milestone now due to expanded markets, 3D, etc.

In the 10 year stretch of 1997 to 2006 there were three movies to reach $1b worldwide.

In the 9 year stretch of 2007 to 2015 there have already been 15 of them and that's not counting TA2/SW7 or anything else that might get there this year.

Pretty crazy change in how the box office works today. Really puts into perspective Titanic's $1.8b back in '97-'98.

Assuming it's at 10M on Thursday...

It needs about a 150% jump to get to 25M. 

45% bump on Saturday followed by a usual 30% drop on Sunday...

Friday - 25M

Saturday - 36M

Sunday - 25M

86M weekend sounds optimistic, but this could be a best case scenario.

Thanks, now I know I should hit a panic button if Thurs number comes under 10m. :ph34r:

Thanks, now I know I should hit a panic button if Thurs number comes under 10m. :ph34r:

You might as well just hit it now, cause it won't be pretty on Thursday.

8M?

Alright well it's not making 85M+ this weekend with an 8M Thursday.

IM3 made 72M with a 7.6 Thursday.

If AOU has an 8.5 Thursday, 85M for the weekend would still be in the range of realistic possibilties.

Big $664M global gross for
#AvengersAgeOfUltron
going into today. On course to smash $900M this wknd & break $1B next wk.
— Gitesh Pandya (@giteshpandya)
May 5, 2015

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

NOT A RECORD.

Seriously though, did anyone see Furious 7 earning as much as fast (no pun intended) as it did.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Considering other sites are running how much was lost due to that fight, I'd say it's true and like TDKR, we'll never really know how much this would've made without that fight.. You're delusional if you don't think it affected the weekend box office cause it did..

Did it have an effect yes but no where near to the extent that TDKR did people who skipped the movie because of the fight will go see it if WOM is good people who skipped TDKR because of what happened never returned so no its not. Again delusional as they come. The fight didn't scare the nation into not turning up to see the movie OW.

• Like 2

I honestly do not believe that at all.. This movie lost probably close to 10M over the weekend cause of that fight..

people who didn't see the movie because of the fight will see the movie in the next few weekends.

The impact of the fight in the long run will be minimal. 

So over 13M Monday? Thank god. I like to avoid theaze during meltdowns, but that number is much better than what was reported earlier. I'm expecting at least 14M today, higher than 14.5 but less than 15.

I just want this to be over 315 10-day total :)

IM3 made 72M with a 7.6 Thursday.

If AOU has an 8.5 Thursday, 85M for the weekend would still be in the range of realistic possibilties.

Going with IM3 increases this weekend, from 8.5M Thurs

Friday - 22M

Saturday - 35M

Sunday - 23M

80M weekend. Hmm.

Edited by #ED

Going with IM3 increases this weekend, form 8.5M Thurs

Friday - 22M

Saturday - 35M

Sunday - 23M

80M weekend. Hmm.

Ed! You're needed in the CA3 thread :ph34r: Edited by Sam

So over 13M Monday? Thank god. I like to avoid theaze during meltdowns, but that number is much better than what was reported earlier. I'm expecting at least 14M today, higher than 14.5 but less than 15.

I just want this to be over 315 10-day total :)

CATWS had a jump on Tuesday because it was significantly smaller than movies like Avengers, IM3, or AOU.

Don't expect AOU to have a jump on Tuesday. Staying flat would be great.

Considering other sites are running how much was lost due to that fight, I'd say it's true and like TDKR, we'll never really know how much this would've made without that fight.. You're delusional if you don't think it affected the weekend box office cause it did..

BKB, these two things aren't really comparable.  Age of Ultron made up quite of bit of the loss on Saturday on Sunday.  We have hard proof of that with the microscopic drop.   Did it maybe lose some it won't get back?  Sure, but to say it needs an asterisk is just silly.  

• Like 3

Ugh, that is not a good number. 

Fuck that fight and as far as I'm concerned, fuck the rematch as well.. Pacman is on the verge of being suspended for lying on his questionnaire abut his shoulder injury(which I'm sure 100M will help heal that) and that rematch should be held on HBO or SHOWTIME for FREE.. Hell, put it on Monday Night RAW for all I give a fuck.. Couldn't make the product any worse than what it is..

What fight? 

Over 10M on Thursday seems extremely unlikely right now.

On the tiny chance it's still above 10M on Thursday, that would be a sign of good legs to come.

• Like 1

As much as you don't want to believe this, AVATAR 2 will drop just as much as AOU did, even if there'll always be an asterick next to AOU weekend number just as much as it will for TDKR weekend, just different scenarios..

LOL...people chose to do something else instead of watching AOU.   They weren't scared to go to the movies.  They made a choice. Why would there be an asterisk? Makes no sense.

• Like 1

Thanks. Seems like a tall order to me. :mellow:

It is but if TA2 wants to hit 500M domestic then it better start having good holds from this Friday forward. 24-25M should be the goal if people want 500M.  

• Like 1