antovolk

Annihilation | Paramount | Feb 23 2018 | Alex Garland | Natalie Portman | Reviews Embargoed till day of release

On 9/27/2017 at 11:18 PM, Squadron Leader Tele said:

It was basically finished when I saw it, as far as I could tell. I think the question was more whether they wanted to release it during awards season or after... there wasn't time to mount a campaign for an August release. 

Huh, yeah I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it so much. I wish it was coming out sooner but will settle with 2049 for now for my Sci Fi fix.

Doesn't look like the early screenings are going well: http://www.tracking-board.com/megan-colligan-exits-paramount-following-a-string-of-flops-alleging-gender-bias-on-her-way-out-the-door/

Meanwhile, early word on Alex Garland’s Annihilation isn’t very good, which would help explain its move to February.

Given that several people on the interwebs have seen it and said good things, I'm going to continue assuming it's just not GA friendly at all.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I hate it when people write hearsay about advance screenings. Just puts everyone on edge.

But that being said, I wasn't real enthralled by the teaser and that coupled with the delayed release does make me think this may be a step down from Ex Machina.

It’s better than EX MACHINA. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Doesn't look like the early screenings are going well: http://www.tracking-board.com/megan-colligan-exits-paramount-following-a-string-of-flops-alleging-gender-bias-on-her-way-out-the-door/

Given that several people on the interwebs have seen it and said good things, I'm going to continue assuming it's just not GA friendly at all.

My poor G-Rod.

giphy.gif